CHASTAIN/LEATHER reissues

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
I haven't made the "official" announcement yet but i wanted to let everyone know here that we are underway with the CHASTAIN and LEATHER reissues.

We will be issuing the following on 11/16:
CHASTAIN - For Those Who Dare
LEATHER - Shock Waves

The audio has already been remastered by Jamie King and we are putting together the new layouts now. We hope to include new interviews with Leather and David or at least new personal notes to the fans! There are no bonus tracks as i was informed that nothing extra was recorded during those sessions. Stay tuned for more details and we continue to progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's basically a Chastain record except Michael Harris playing all the guitars. but for the record it's a Leather Leone solo album.

It's a no brainer, if you dig her stuff with Chastain, you'll like her solo cd. It's not like she's doing country, or bubblegum pop..... Leather rocks, happy for the reissues, and happier that she might have ssome music output in the near future....:headbang:

Very cool!! I have both already (Leather on CD and FTWD on tape and purchased MP3), but will be buying these anyway if the packaging makes it worthwhile (love to spend my $$ on actual things, what can I say).

well, we thank you in advance if you do choose to pick up our CD only releases. the download version of FTWD is a different mix. it's the original band mix and not what was released on the Roadrunner edition of the album. :) David prefers the band mix naturally, but considering i have been listening to RR version for 20 years i am doing that one because it's what i know and love.

well, we thank you in advance if you do choose to pick up our CD only releases. the download version of FTWD is a different mix. it's the original band mix and not what was released on the Roadrunner edition of the album. :)

That is one thing I meant to ask about, if it's a different version of the mix/master than is on iTunes. Figured it probably was, all things considered, but nice to have it confirmed - more reason to own both.

That is one thing I meant to ask about, if it's a different version of the mix/master than is on iTunes. Figured it probably was, all things considered, but nice to have it confirmed - more reason to own both.

yeah, david and i went back and forth and i told him i couldn't reissue a "new mix" despite it being the original band mix of the album because what everyone knows as the real mix is what appeared on the Roadrunner version in 1990. RR apparently wanted something different so they brought in outside engineer to mix it down for release. david said he hasn't ever been happy with it, but i assured him the fans love what was released 20 years ago, like me. i don't like rocking the boat with Divebomb stuff, especially when it rocks my own boat as a fan! haha.

Funny stuff i noticed typing out the credits for the LEATHER solo album. The songwriters on the album other than Leather include David Chastain (naturally) but more importantly Pat O’Brien (Cannibal Corpse, Nevermore, Lethal) and Mark Shelton (Manilla Road).

I guess this means Jasonic might have to buy a CD. ;) haha.

yeah, david and i went back and forth and i told him i couldn't reissue a "new mix" despite it being the original band mix of the album because what everyone knows as the real mix is what appeared on the Roadrunner version in 1990. RR apparently wanted something different so they brought in outside engineer to mix it down for release. david said he hasn't ever been happy with it, but i assured him the fans love what was released 20 years ago, like me. i don't like rocking the boat with Divebomb stuff, especially when it rocks my own boat as a fan! haha.

Just curious, what do you mean by "Divebomb stuff" and have you heard the "band mix"? If so what's the difference, to your ears, and what part of the RR mix isn't David happy with?

Just curious, what do you mean by "Divebomb stuff" and have you heard the "band mix"? If so what's the difference, to your ears, and what part of the RR mix isn't David happy with?

Divebomb Records is my reissue label, so when i refer to "my stuff" it's my reissues. Yes, i have heard the band mix. it's just a personal preference, honestly. you can preview the band mixes on Amazon. they are the "Alternate Mix" versions he has for sale digitally. i have been listening to the Roadrunner (John Cuniberti) mix for 20 years now so i am familiar with that as i would expect most fans to be that way. so there is no point giving them a new mix on my reissue considering i try and keep to the original releases whenever possible.

www.divebombrecords.com

Ruler and Mystery were reissued by Shrapnel in 2008; they are in stock here as well as other retailers nationwide, including Amazon. - Denis/Sentinel Steel