Cheap CDs

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
I've already cleaned out all the good stuff in the local CD store. I currently get almost everything used off Amazon. I have very little money - I'm in my junior year of high school, so my time is divided between school, worrying about college, worrying about school, homework, my band, and sleep (aka nightmares about school/college). I have an insatiable lust for more music, but I lack the means to satisfy it. What I need is a source of cheap metal CDs, used or otherwise. I don't have a paypal or ebay account. At one point I slipped and pirated Behemoth's discography. Please help me before I become another asshole music pirate.

Dude, you live in Brookline. There are Newbury Comics locations all around you, and they often have used sections where I have gotten incredibly good deals. Locations without used sections usually stick the used CD's in with the new ones.

eBay has a lot of used metal cds for 5 dollars or less. Setup the pay pal account asap, you won't regret it.

eBay has a lot of used metal cds for 5 dollars or less. Setup the pay pal account asap, you won't regret it.

Then all you have to do is cross your fingers & hope you don't get ripped off... I've seen it happen & I know people who have done it via E-Bay. Getting a PayPal account is a good step to take though.

I use Amazon exclusively. Only problem is that once in awhile you will have to wait up to two weeks for a CD to get to you, but I can live through it. I do remember stumbling across a really cool Metal site one day, I wish I could remember the name... :err:

Also, about used CDs, I see some guys here have some pretty good used CDs for sale for $5-6 in the classifieds thread.

Seeing that he's a junior in high school, he's probably not 18 yet. Same problem I had because you have to that old to use eBay and/or Paypal. Luckily I had Newbury Comics to depend on (which he should too since he lives in Boston) until I was old enough to start getting stuff online.

cduniverse.com usually has good deals on metal. Some of the older albums are less than ten bucks (Blind Guardian's first two, older CoC, etc). They have a very decent collection of metal too.

Then all you have to do is cross your fingers & hope you don't get ripped off... I've seen it happen & I know people who have done it via E-Bay. Getting a PayPal account is a good step to take though.

I use Amazon exclusively. Only problem is that once in awhile you will have to wait up to two weeks for a CD to get to you, but I can live through it. I do remember stumbling across a really cool Metal site one day, I wish I could remember the name... :err:

Also, about used CDs, I see some guys here have some pretty good used CDs for sale for $5-6 in the classifieds thread.

Ebay rocks. If you get screwed you can open a dispute an get your money back. As for me, I use Ebay occasionally, but I like to support smaller, obscure interweb stores.

Seeing that he's a junior in high school, he's probably not 18 yet. Same problem I had because you have to that old to use eBay and/or Paypal. Luckily I had Newbury Comics to depend on (which he should too since he lives in Boston) until I was old enough to start getting stuff online.

I had a paypal at 16. My dad set it up for me somehow. But it was/is in my name and everything, and I wasn't lying about my age.

I'm always amazed by how cheap you colonial cousins seem to have metal CD's - these days I tend to use the Amazon.co.uk new and used section for those CDs that I dont get sent to review - and they're invariably at least 50% cheaper than buying them new here, and they arrive new and shrink wrapped.

Is New Jersey some kind of tax haven ? It seems to send me new cd's for about £8 including postage and packaging, which is quite remarkable given that in a "shop" (which I know is an 18th century concept) a new CD here costs anywhere (typically) between £12 and £16 (which, at a rough pound to dollar rate of 2:1 is $24 to $32)

Dude, you live in Brookline. There are Newbury Comics locations all around you, and they often have used sections where I have gotten incredibly good deals. Locations without used sections usually stick the used CD's in with the new ones.

The one I know doesn't have anything for less than $12, and their metal seems to consist of Nile, Kataklysm, and Edguy.

In my experience, even with sales tax, I'd say most CD's don't cost much more than 22 dollars and depending on the store you can get them for much less.

$22? That's fuckin' insane...
What I need is for more bands to go Radiohead.

This.

Tell me when and I'll meet you at the Newbury Comics in Nashua NH. I've gotten like 75% of my collection solely from that particular place. I'm serious btw.