Check out a new Mp3 of me playing guitar (1mb)

Dave_Mustaine84

Boogies Woogies
Nov 27, 2002
MillPark, Victoria, Australia
its a cover of Borknagar's song Colossus its not finished yet because i have exams, after i've finished the exams im gonna lay down the kick arse lead and the rest of the song

right click save

equipment used....
Charvel Model 6
V-Amp 2
Cool Edit Pro 2

short survery
what did u guys think of the production?

Sounds pretty good :)

What production though? Nothing really to comment on, there's just one guitar at the moment! But I do suggest trying to get rid of the sizzle. I know its a real bitch recording guitars on computer because its so hard to get rid of the sizzle without sacrificing the guitar tone you want, gotta try and find a balance. Maybe cut some of the treble, or maybe its just that the input level was too high so it was crackling.

Have a listen to this, you'll see some serious sizzling issues here haha! This is just a clip from a really dodgy song I wrote and recorded (minus vocals) a few years ago now, its about the first or second song I ever tried recording on the computer haha. The guitar is sizzling unbelievably badly and the song is pretty bad and a bit embarassing now haha, but it does have potential for me to re-work now that I'm alot better writer and player than I was back then. It's 80s hard rock/sleaze glam stuff... as you would expect from me haha! Pretty generic too.. lol.

http://users.bigpond.com/mystman/ClipFromOldSong.mp3 There it is - right click that and save, it's under 1mb.

If anyone is interested I can post up the AOR song I recorded with a mate from uni this year too haha :) It's total '80s arena style melodic rock haha! Big keyboards, tons of reverb on everything, massive chorus (17 vocal tracks at once!)... :D Not exactly original but it wasn't meant to be, and its pretty damn catchy so I'm pretty proud of it haha! Best song I've written so far haha. The only thing is, he isn't exactly an AOR singer, he sounds more like a grunge singer! I was gonna get Al from Teargas to do vocals and he wanted to but we didn't have time (we did it for a uni assignment).

:lol: :lol:

My plans are to play in a sleaze glam band... but do AOR solo albums as a side project haha. Coz AOR is more fun to write and I'm probably better at writing it. But sleaze glam is more fun to play, and I wanna do the whole show thing haha.

The Trooper said:
Sounds pretty good :)

What production though? Nothing really to comment on, there's just one guitar at the moment! But I do suggest trying to get rid of the sizzle. I know its a real bitch recording guitars on computer because its so hard to get rid of the sizzle without sacrificing the guitar tone you want, gotta try and find a balance. Maybe cut some of the treble, or maybe its just that the input level was too high so it was crackling.
the guitar, i wanted some criticism on the the tone and on the reverb.

in the original song the guitars are like a wall of sound with heaps of reverb, chorus etc, i have a little phaser on the intro guitar

Ahh the guitar sound :) I think the guitar sound is good, especially for that style your playing, its very suitable. Nice warm tone, just the right amount of distortion, etc... however once you mix it with bass and drums it might sound different.

Thanks haha :)

Well its more of a pop metal AOR sleazy glam retro melodic hard rock band really.

Heheh ok I might post the other one... I'll put it into a smaller file (at the moment its nearly 5 mb because its 128kpbs). I just wish it had better vocals...

Speed Metal Symphony is good :D