Check out my band Beyond Fallen

BeyondFallenGuitar

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2004
Hey all, check out my band Beyond Fallen. We are an original metal band from Pennsylvania and we have released a 4 song ep. Check out mp3's, pictures, videos, etc. Here's the address: www.beyondfallen.com

Let me know what you think!!!! Thanks!!!

finally got round to listening to the samples you had on your site.

I like the music. Quite interesting....need to hear whole songs before I can really tell if i'd dig ya or anything, but decent stuff.

Boot out your vocalist though. He blows. He's even less convincing and more out of key than Nick Holmes.

I actually like the vocals quite a lot. They certainly far from "blow". Perhaps there not completely fitting with the music, and are admittedly pretty out at times, but it sounds like he is a reasonably competent singer.

Thanks for the comments guys. Actually, we did this demo in 2 nights from start to finish so the production isn't stellar. I think Joe, our singer, tried to push his voice too much and I think he's better suited to the lower vocal range. We will see on the next recording. I think he's a very good singer-has a Dickinson type vibe to his voice which I love. Anyone else care to check out our music? Comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like older Nevermore, which I don't like. Get some .13's or .14's and tune to B, brutalize the riffs a bit, and tell your drummer to get a double pedal, and y'all will sound like newer Nevermore, which I do like.

And about the singer, I think tuning lower will make him sound better, just as what's-his-goofy-ass from Nevermore sounded better when they went to 7-string. He's trying to shout above his range, which is never a good idea, and he'll fuck up his voice that way.

Halcyon Dusk said:
Sounds like older Nevermore, which I don't like. Get some .13's or .14's and tune to B, brutalize the riffs a bit, and tell your drummer to get a double pedal, and y'all will sound like newer Nevermore, which I do like.

And about the singer, I think tuning lower will make him sound better, just as what's-his-goofy-ass from Nevermore sounded better when they went to 7-string. He's trying to shout above his range, which is never a good idea, and he'll fuck up his voice that way.

I see what you're saying with the lower tuning. We currently tune to Eb but I don't want to tune down just for the sake of trying to sound heavier. Slayer(except for the newer one) was always in E or Eb and they have the meanest, heaviest tone in my opinion. But, I would love to experiment with a 7 string though.