Check out our band!

Rate our music.

• You guys rule big time!

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • You are good...with little fixing you'd rule.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • You're OK.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • You have a lot to do better but you're promising.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • You guys better to quit now. You suck!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
I think the reason you're getting negative feedback on the vocals is because they're out of tune and slightly offbeat. Could the vocalist hear himself loud enough in the mix? It sounds like the guy might just need a bit of practice or train a better ear for the notes he should be hitting.

As for production, you shouldn't really judge a band's demo on it. It's the job of the sound engineer in the studio to make it all sound right. Although some mids in the guitar tones wouldn't go amiss, and would stop them clashing with the cymbals:)

Some guitar solos would be nice, and just as a suggestion, you could add a second, cleaner vocalist (one of the musicians could fill this role) just to draw away from the sentenced influences. (Although, let's be fucking honest here, how many blackmetal vocalists sound the same? what about power metal? Sounding like someone else is hardly a crime.)

Having said all that, I still reckon you guys are a definate cut above most unsigned bands out there, and some signed bands for that matter. I have faith in you:)

Originally posted by TheDean

Some guitar solos would be nice, and just as a suggestion, you could add a second, cleaner vocalist (one of the musicians could fill this role) just to draw away from the sentenced influences. (Although, let's be fucking honest here, how many blackmetal vocalists sound the same? what about power metal? Sounding like someone else is hardly a crime.)

hmm, there's a guitar solo in every track except "Yet Another Day" but I decided not to include the guitar solos in the samples because they aren't really the main point in this band.

and yeah the vocalist doesn't have very good pitch so some notes can indeed be out of tune...

Originally posted by TheDean
Sorry, I meant some *more* guitar solos, or just some leads or something. But then, I just like solos:)

yeah well, in MY opinion, we've got enough solos. for example Broken has pretty long instrumental section etc. but I know you couldn't know that as you haven't heard all the songs in their entirety. But yeah, I agree that there could be more guitar leads, those we could use some more but I don't think we're gonna increase the amount of guitar _solos_ :D

Hate86: yup. they don't bother me either but I _know_ some notes are bit out of tune.

Originally posted by catastrophe
hey its great to have some critique too here. I, myself, don't agree that we seem llike a sentenced copy. first of all, we've got much more keyboards and well the guitar/drum things are much different too. I have never heard a sentenced song that is so fast as "Yet Another Day" etc. only thing I can relate to sentenced is the vocals (as he sounds pretty much like sentenced's one) and some guitar riffs but that's about it in my opinion.

but I know different people hear different things and I appreciate your opinion although I don't agree with it.

Yeah agree about you heaving much more keybords.......
about been a sentenced copy I listen to the song again and agree with you that you are not a copy it was just the first impression that a have.......but I agree with all the critics here about the guitars and stuff...
but still to me when a listen it reminds me of sentenced......coz the vocal Is identic.......hehehe but yeah you are in the right path
let us know when you guys record new stuff ok!?

Hey man i know. I have a band too and personally i don't like our singer, but he's my best friend so i don't say anything. I know it's almost impossible to find singers. If you heard how he sounded on our demo you would laugh your ass off. I didn't mean you any offense with what i wrote.

PS: that intro to "Yet Anohter Day" got my head banging.

Stay Brutal

Originally posted by Cerberus
Hey man i know. I have a band too and personally i don't like our singer, but he's my best friend so i don't say anything. I know it's almost impossible to find singers. If you heard how he sounded on our demo you would laugh your ass off. I didn't mean you any offense with what i wrote.

yeah I know EXACTLY what are you talking about... I kinda like our singer though. But obviously, as he is not professional (trained) singer, he's got a lot to learn. And also, he's good friend of ours too.

I know you didn't mean any offence.