check out this mix, miss may i ish?

Hey man! The drums sound awesome!
Though, the guitars sound like the action may be slightly high, or just sloppy playing. I'm assuming this is from a miced amp?

What EQing did you do on the drums? and what drums did you use, so keen to know!

haha nah thats pod farm, my main struggle is that damn tone! haha drums are slate, i used dream kick, eq was just to make room on the kick, which wasnt even much.

edit: this was also quad tracked which may make it sound sloppy, maybe i should just use single L/R?

cleaner playing would make this 100% better.
I'm not digging the tone completely either. it's a little harsh on the ears.

but definitely heading in a good direction.

Guitars sound out of tune and weak. Bad tone IMO. And I get heavy, clean, full-sounding results from just single L/R. I think quadtracking is just silly. Drums sound good.

Guitars sound out of tune and weak. Bad tone IMO. And I get heavy, clean, full-sounding results from just single L/R. I think quadtracking is just silly. Drums sound good.

yeah i think i might be doing just single take L/R otherwise i have to rely on the guitarist to play it twice tight. guitars were definitely tuned before each take, i made sure of that, possibly phasing with the quad tracking?

Could be phasing. Just try this. Do one take on the left as tight as can be played. Strip Silence it, align the beginning note of the guitars to the beat and use flextime to align the rest of the section, then continue until the take is edited. Go for the left second take. Repeat. Mute the left tracks, record the right, repeat, and repeat. It's tedious, but it works.

Could be phasing. Just try this. Do one take on the left as tight as can be played. Strip Silence it, align the beginning note of the guitars to the beat and use flextime to align the rest of the section, then continue until the take is edited. Go for the left second take. Repeat. Mute the left tracks, record the right, repeat, and repeat. It's tedious, but it works.

:worship:

That's what I do. I mute the left guitar and track the right and I've realized the guitarist plays it just as tight 9/10. I think when they are playing and the left guitar is unmuted, they try to hard to synchronize it and then mess up.