Check this out!

Waldemariel

Oct 9, 2009
Hey guys and gals!

I've just finished mixing/experimenting on an old instrumental I recorded about a year ago, and I was thinking "Hey, why not post it on the CM-forums". It would be quite farfetched to compare it to anything Circus Maximus has written (they are Gods, after all!) but it might grow to your liking!

Tell me what you think about it! And for those of you who want to discuss some tech talk, as to what software I've been using or song writing process or anything - don't hestitate in asking :)

Click here to have a listen!

PS: I hope I'm not too forward, making a whole new thread about this, but I saw no other option :cry:

Killer tune man. I dig the diverse riffin. Nice mix.
I've been neck deep in Logic 9, Omnisphere, Superior Drummer, and some others the last 10 months getting my feet wet again after about a 7 year break so its awesome to hear someone else kick'in out some stuff. I've got some ruff cuts off my stuff on my site. http://www.cybercussion.com. I'm not full on down the Prog Metal road but try to mix it up a little while I'm learning. I also don't play guitar so I have a bit of a handy cap. Expensive habit ;)

So lets hear whats under the hood?

eii
this was awesome!
what software did you use?
and what computer did you used?
you did all the instruments??
:D

Killer tune man. I dig the diverse riffin. Nice mix.
I've been neck deep in Logic 9, Omnisphere, Superior Drummer, and some others the last 10 months getting my feet wet again after about a 7 year break so its awesome to hear someone else kick'in out some stuff. I've got some ruff cuts off my stuff on my site. http://www.cybercussion.com. I'm not full on down the Prog Metal road but try to mix it up a little while I'm learning. I also don't play guitar so I have a bit of a handy cap. Expensive habit ;)

So lets hear whats under the hood?

Sounds really nice, man! Keep'em coming :headbang:

eii
this was awesome!
what software did you use?
and what computer did you used?
you did all the instruments??
:D

Thanks! My DAW is Pro Tools LE8. Using Superior Drummer 2.1 w/ The Metal Foundry expansion as the drum module. For Bass and synth/pads it is all Xpand2 standard Pro Tools Software plugins.

I've composed all the instruments in Guitar Pro 5 and then imported the MIDI into Pro Tools. Everything you hear, except for the guitars, are actually MIDI. The guitar was recorded with a standard stock Ibanez RG1527 through a Mesa/Boogie F-30 using a SM57.

Just a regular gaming computer :lol: Luckily these days it doesn't have to be like a supercomputer to run these programs.

I really enjoyed this, really impressive. Very reminiscent of the Circus Maximus sound- almost fits alongside the Sane No More instrumental from Isolate. Please continue to post future works on here, really great man. If you can find somebody to supply catchy and experimental vocals you oughtta get something going. Thanks a ton for sharing and continue to rock on!

I'm already pushing the 4GB limit with 32bit plugins and VST's constantly. Thankfully the Logic 9.1.1 update got the 32bit bridge pretty solid so I can get Omnisphere off into the 64bit zone to free up some memory. My Superior Kit w/ Metal Foundry chews up almost 2.5 GB when fully loaded though.
Hoping ToonTrack comes out with a 64bit version soon.

Keep em' comin :worship:

I really enjoyed this, really impressive. Very reminiscent of the Circus Maximus sound- almost fits alongside the Sane No More instrumental from Isolate. Please continue to post future works on here, really great man. If you can find somebody to supply catchy and experimental vocals you oughtta get something going. Thanks a ton for sharing and continue to rock on!

Thanks a bunch!

You might wanna check this out as well then. An old composition of mine including a vocal track :)

PS: I still believe you're too kind comparing this alongside with CMs instrumentals though! :lol:

Man,no words for this...really...
And you made this all by yourself?!!?!? Again...no words...