Cheifs are 0-2. Concerned?

Usurper Dan

No good can come of this
Apr 17, 2004
Chicago
www.usurper.us
I told you last month that the Cheifs would allow 30 points a game and still win. Well, over the first 2 games, theyre allowing 31 points per game... but the offense isnt there.
If they dont get on track in week 3 versus a pussy team like Houston, they could really be in trouble.

I have to agree with you there Dan. I think there are some rays of hope though.

1. The D has had 15 tackles for a loss in 2 games so far. That compared to last season when in the entire 16 games we had 45, and in 2002 we had 41, is a very good sign. However it means that the tackling needs to be beefed up and focussed on now. We've still allowed the big plays, but we've also had people on D injured. Just one week before the season our starting MLB was lost to IR plus some other bad injuries in training camp too. So we've started with a depleted defense. 2 of our 3 original starting LBs haven't been on the field yet this season.

2. Our offense has suffered more than our defense. We lost 3 of our WRs (who were doing GREAT in camp) to season ending injuries even before Week 1's game. On top of that Priest is now hurt and almost certainly won't start this week.

So, it's a grim situation. I wouldn't want to be the team that loses this week's game. I have faith however that the Chiefs will pull this one out this week and get back on track. If we lose on Sunday we're most probably going to be on the clock...

Duh!

Well, both the Bears AND the Cheifs lost today.
The Bears are 1-2 with a very hard schedule ahead of them. (we get Philly next. ouch)
The Cheifs are 0-3... and at least they get to play San Diego twice this year.

Usurper Dan said:
Well, both the Bears AND the Cheifs lost today.
The Bears are 1-2 with a very hard schedule ahead of them. (we get Philly next. ouch)
The Cheifs are 0-3... and at least they get to play San Diego twice this year.

Hey Dan.. remember "I before E, except after H".

Here's the KC upcoming schedule:

Oct 4
@Baltimore (MNF)

Week 5
BYE

Oct 17
@Jacksonville

Oct 24
Atlanta

Oct 31
Indianapolis

Nov 7
@Tampa Bay

Nov 14
@New Orleans

Nov 22
New England (MNF)

Nov 28
San Diego

Dec 5
@Oakland

Dec 13
@Tennessee

Dec 19
Denver

Dec 25
Oakland

Jan 2
@San Diego

So, it's a tough schedule for us the rest of the way for sure. The interesting games are the division ones (like DEN-SD today). We'll see how bad SD is by the time we get to play them.

Neil K

NK said:
Hey Dan.. remember "I before E, except after H".

Here's the KC upcoming schedule:

I always DID suck at long division, haha.
Yeah, that schedule is brutal. Lets both give up and go to some minor league hockey games. I have sweeeet season tickets for the Chicago Wolves.

I think I will shut up now.
Rex Grossman is out for the season with a torn ACL.
As a remedy, the Bears have signed Chad Hutchinson.
We are now officially well and truly fucked.

Im hoping that KC comes back HUGE and kills Baltimore on MOnday Night Football next week.
The only pleasure I can gain from this year is if Green Bat has a total collapse. ugh.

Usurper Dan said:
Im hoping that KC comes back HUGE and kills Baltimore on MOnday Night Football next week.
The only pleasure I can gain from this year is if Green Bat has a total collapse. ugh.

Yeah, me too.

Btw, Green Bat is a great name for a football team!

:)

Neil K.

Green Bay will suck this year. Their defense is terrible. But I'm more of a Wisconsin Badgers fan anyway. And the Badgers could challenge for a Big Ten title and a trip to the Rose Bowl.

NK said:
Excellent move. I'm a big fan of Herm.

With the right assistant staff surrounding him, I think the Chiefs could be a serious playoff contender next year. They had their moments last year, and with some better play calling and Johnson playing like a man possessed...I'd hate to face them...:cool:

I'm a Buffalo fan, so I'm hopeful that Jauron can kick some life into the team. I'm hoping they address their offensive line problems this off-season.