CHESTER BENNINGTON Loves STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Gig, But LINKIN PARK Comes First

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS has just released a new EP, "High Rise", the first recording by the group to feature new vocalist Chester Bennington. Although the band intends to make much more music with Bennington, the singer said that his other job with LINKIN PARK kept it to an EP for now. "The reason why is because, you know, I am in LINKIN PARK as well," he told The Pulse Of Radio. "I know my schedule, I'm booked through, like, 2015. I pretty much know what my life is gonna be like for the next three, and probably four years. There's a benefit to that, which is I know hypothetically where I'm gonna have time to work with STP. But, you know, when I came on board, you know, we all understood very clearly that LINKIN PARK will always remain that priority for me." Bennington replaced original frontman Scott Weiland earlier this year.First single "Out Of Time" was released over the summer and vaulted to the top of the Active Rock radio chart.STP fired Weiland in February, claiming that his own solo activities and erratic behavior were detrimental to the band.STP just completed its first North American tour with Bennington on the mic and has yet to announce new live dates. In the meantime, Bennington has returned to the studio with LINKIN PARK.

More...