Chicago CD release party

benny

Artifact Of Chaos
May 4, 2001
Seattle
www.myspace.com
I wish I lived closer so I could go to this. Are there gonna be any other members attending this besides Dave?

BORKNAGAR- CHICAGO LISTENING SESSION OF NEW ALBUM ANNOUNCED

Borknagar has scheduled a listening party for their new album entitled "UNIVERSAL",
on Sunday February 14th, at EXIT in Chicago Illinois.
Borknagar drummer David Kinkade will be on hand from 10pm until 4am, as guest DJ for the event.
EXIT-
1315 W. NORTH AVE
CHICAGO ILLINOIS
21& over
No cover

"UNIVERSAL" is set for release on February 22, 2010 in Europe and March 2, 2010 in North America through Indie Recordings and The End records.
"Universal" track listing:

01. Havoc
02. Reason
03. The Stir of Seasons
04. For a Thousand Years to Come
05. Abrasion Tide
06. Fleshflower
07. Worldwide
08. My Domain (feat. guest vocals by I.C.S Vortex)

"Universal" was recorded and mixed at Toproom Studio in Lunner, Norway, with the band members themselves handling the production duties.

85x11flyer.jpg

Whats the word...Oh yeah, FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Moved from Chicago, and even if I could make the four hour truck, my girlfriend is only twenty. So it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun. This needs to be Canada man, where the drinking age is eighteen.

Whats the word...Oh yeah, FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Moved from Chicago, and even if I could make the four hour truck, my girlfriend is only twenty. So it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun. This needs to be Canada man, where the drinking age is eighteen.

In C.R. it's 18. But hey, you don't have to take her. Or you can take her, and leave her outside ah hahahahaha :lol: .

In Portugal it's supposed to be 18. Or 16. Maybe not. I don't know. Bah, nobody cares about that anyway. You can drink even if you're 13. It's a cultural thing.
And it's real drinking, not like in scandinavian countries. You can drink in the streets, at 4am, in front of the cops. Maybe they'll even join you.

Anyway, don't forget to tell us later how the party went.

In Portugal it's supposed to be 18. Or 16. Maybe not. I don't know. Bah, nobody cares about that anyway. You can drink even if you're 13. It's a cultural thing.
And it's real drinking, not like in scandinavian countries. You can drink in the streets, at 4am, in front of the cops. Maybe they'll even join you.

Well I do think Scandinavians drink a lot, but it depends on the circumstances. Ah hahaha but that of the cops joining you is awesome, though it says a lot of things about security :rolleyes: .

Yeah, I know scandinavians drink a lot, I know a few. But they have to drink too early, since it's illegal to buy/sell booze after a specific hour. And they can't drink on the streets. That sucks.

Yeah, I know scandinavians drink a lot, I know a few. But they have to drink too early, since it's illegal to buy/sell booze after a specific hour. And they can't drink on the streets. That sucks.

They stop selling alcohol at supermarkets in Norway at 20.00 from Monday to Friday, and at 18.00 at Saturday. At Sunday it's impossible to get alcohol. All booze and wine is sold by government controlled shops, and they close earlier than the supermarkets that only sell beer, cider and alcopops. Pubs stop serving alcohol at 02.00.

When I go drinking we usually sit around at some guys place drinking from 15.00 to 22.00, then we go to a pub, and then maybe we'll go to an after-party (nachspiel) if we're not asleep in the streets.

That's too bad... :( I don't really see what they're trying to achieve with all those rediculous rules. Alcohol is not the problem, never has and never will, it's people.

Another weird thing I heard is from my friend, who was in Sweden a few years ago, and went to a Soilwork concert. They didn't even have beer, but instead there was some guy behind the bar with a fridge, selling only soft drinks, such as Cola and Sprite. haha

That's too bad... :( I don't really see what they're trying to achieve with all those rediculous rules. Alcohol is not the problem, never has and never will, it's people.

Another weird thing I heard is from my friend, who was in Sweden a few years ago, and went to a Soilwork concert. They didn't even have beer, but instead there was some guy behind the bar with a fridge, selling only soft drinks, such as Cola and Sprite. haha

It was probably a concert for people under 18. Some times they let in underage kids and have them in an alcohol-free area, but other times they just keep the venue alcohol free.

No way...
You gotta be kidding me, they actually restrict kids to some "alcohol-free" area at some concerts? :D That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!

Just wanted to say, that all those silly rules you people claim are the law in Scaninavian countries, do NOT count for Denmark.

In Denmark, you can buy everything thing from soft cider to hard liquor at any time, and at any day, if you're near a store that's open. You can always get booze at 7-11.
And until a couple of years ago, we didn't even have an age limit for buying alcohol. Everyone could do it. Nowadays you have to be 16. And 18 to get tobacco, we didn't use to have any limit for that either.

In Norway, Sweden and Finland (not Scandinavia, I know) you can only get booze for ridiculous prices in the government-controlled liquor stores. I Finland, you even have to be 20 or 21 to buy real hard liquor.

Rivfadír;8848098 said:
Just wanted to say, that all those silly rules you people claim are the law in Scaninavian countries, do NOT count for Denmark.

In Denmark, you can buy everything thing from soft cider to hard liquor at any time, and at any day, if you're near a store that's open. You can always get booze at 7-11.
And until a couple of years ago, we didn't even have an age limit for buying alcohol. Everyone could do it. Nowadays you have to be 16. And 18 to get tobacco, we didn't use to have any limit for that either.

In Norway, Sweden and Finland (not Scandinavia, I know) you can only get booze for ridiculous prices in the government-controlled liquor stores. I Finland, you even have to be 20 or 21 to buy real hard liquor.

Yeah, it's always a shock seeing vodka at gas-stations in Denmark. You have to be 20 to buy hard liquor in Norway too.