Chickenhawk new releases - A. or Not? & DTTR 4x12 compilation vol3

chickenhawk

New Metal Member
Mar 21, 2006
Chickenhawk new releases - A. or Not? & DTTR 4x12 compilation vol3

3803759927_2afb93a800.jpg

The A.Or Not? EP is the first Chickenhawk release on Brew and a follow up to their S/T debut album. Available now from Brew's online shop.
http://brewrecords.bigcartel.com/product/brw008-chickenhawk-a-or-not-enhanced-ep-cd-dl

There's videos for two of the songs available on youtube here :

I Hate this, do you like it?

and

Nasa vs Esa

Chickenhawk will also be appearing on vol. 3 of Leeds local label, Dance To The Radio's, 12" compilations. Limited pressings are part of 4 volumes, each including one new song by 4 different bands.

New track, 'Scorpieau', recorded at Ghosttown Studios earlier this year features as the first song on side A. We have been opening our sets with this one for a while now, so some of you might be familiar with it already, but this will be the first official release of the track. Other bands included on Vol.3 are Esban & the Witch, Olfar & Airship.

Previous bands to feature on Volume's 1 & 2 have seen the likes of Pulled Apart By Horses, Bear Hands & Holy State to name a few. So we're very pleased to be included in the next installment.

To be released on 12" vinyl (with mp3 downloads) on 26th October at DTTR's website, from us direct and in all good record shops.

There will also be mp3's available for one week only commencing on the same date, so if you lack a record player, here is your chance to get it!

Buy here: http://dancetotheradio.bigcartel.com/

Upcoming Live dates

24 Oct 2009
Hobgoblin w/ Bad for Lazarus Brighton
25 Oct 2009
The Gaff London
30 Oct 2009
Library pub - BRAINWASH FESTIVAL Leeds
31 Oct 2009
Crossfire Halloween Massacre - Secret Venue East London
7 Nov 2009
The Borderline - All Dayer! London
12 Nov 2009
Bar Karova Liverpool
14 Nov 2009
Horse and Groom Lincoln
20 Nov 2009
Brudenell Social Club w/ BLACK ELK Leeds

A brief history :

Born in 2004. We made songs. Recorded three in 2005. Released a demo. Recorded two more songs in 2006: Split with I Breathe Spears and With Scissors released on Millipede Records. Recorded 12 songs from April - December 2007. Released our album in 2008 on Sound Devastation Records. Drummer Matt Reid (ex-Whoresx3) joined late 2008, Stick 'Phil Collins-ed' to the front. Made 'NASA Vs ESA' video early 2009. Recorded 2 new songs for 'A. Or Not? EP in 2009. Made video for 'I Hate This, Do You Like It?'. New song 'Scorpieau' out on Dance to The Radio in October. 'Us vs Them' compilation track '15 Peter 2012' out in December. History Lesson Over.

Recent reviews and words :

NME Magazine - Track of the week 'I Hate This, Do You Like It?
Leeds based Chickenhawk are a group of riff thrasing metal bastards from the wrong side of your worst hangover. Take note, their drummer hits harder than the last time you dreamed you were Todd Trainer. This is the perfect raw vocal antidote to chirpy summer singalongs.

Artrocker
This EP is merciless, and I urge any fan of beastly rock and metal to nestle it next to your sweaty hearts.

NME.com - Feature for video of 'I Hate This...'
Tasmanian devils, showing that you can be metal and still clean your teeth.

Steve Lamacq
"Crazed guitar rock from Leeds....featuring the 'Beachers Brook' of guitar solo's" - 'I Hate This Do You Like It' on Radio 6.

Rock-A-Rolla
Truely their own vision, no matter how skewed a vision that maybe.

The Times
'The Letdown' - track of the day

Collectivezine
Riffs, hooks, face-pummelling ferocity and slick solidarity

Metal Hammer
Chickenhawk take just over 3 minutes to annihilate any suspicion of musical conformity. We demand you go and watch them as soon as humanly possible!

Kerrang
Killer chaotic freaked-out prog-core KKKK

Organ
This is a serious twist of intelligent forward looking, thinking person’s creative metal, clearly enough of a band to want to challenge themselves and push their boundaries.

Rock Midgets
Do we like it? Nah, we f**king love it.

Voltcase
Get yourself a copy of this truly innovative work and fast – you won't be disappointed.

Organ magazine
This just might be the British metal album of the year. Oh yes, that good!

The Sleeping Shaman
Have Chickenhawk done an about face and gone down the route of indie credibility? Have they fuck!

Subba-Cultcha Single of the Month
Noise like this really should be mandatory on a Monday morning, slayer-sized riffing, demonic Todd-esque vocals, and the best FX-De-Tuned guitar solo i’ve ever heard – it makes me wanna punch stuff, which is exactly how i feel most Mondays!

Manchester Music album of the week
One of 2009’s exciting heavy rock prospects 4.5/5

Tiny Voices
To say that Chickenhawk are merely 'Rock' would be an understatement, Chickenhawk are an awesome force, every last millisecond of their songs is completely submerged in rock, giving them an intensity and forcefulness that's a rare find in modern music.

thanks for reading

www.myspace.com/chickenhawk
www.facebook.com/pages/Chickenhawk/9517036172
twitter.com/Chickenhawkband
chickenhawkpecks[at]hotmail.co.uk

www.myspace.com/brewrecords

Last edited by a moderator: