Children of Bodom/Nevermore @HOB Chicago 11/9/03

The Metal Chick

In the Dragon's Den
Mar 31, 2003
Chicago, IL
www.themetalchick.net
So yeah, I have been waiting sooooo long for COB to play in the states and I finally got my wish. They were the 2nd of 4 bands, and I missed Hypocrisy cuz the line to get in was so long that we got in just in time for COB. Anyhow, they got a measly 30 minute set which is BULLSHIT because I say fuck Dimmu, COB RULES!! (go ahead and flame me, see if I care) The sound was really good, and holy crap, not only is Warman really cute, but he is so freakin awesome. Alexi hit a lot of wrong notes, but when he was on, he was on. As for Nevermore, they were heavy as hell, but i realized how unfamiliar i was with anything not on dead heart. (the flames come again :p ) oh well. As soon as they were done I was outta there. So sorry I can't give the report on Dimmu.

But oh yeah, I got to meet the members of both bands. I was worried that COB would be assholes or something, but they were nice. I brought my big huge drawing and they liked it. They guys in Nevermore were totally nice. Loomis saw my Symphony X hoodie and said that he's good friends with Romeo. i thought that was cool :) another random guy also commented on it.

So yeah, is anyone else seeing shows on this tour?