Children Of Bodom - The Forum, London 9th April 2011

Nickstervarius

Winning
Aug 19, 2009
Bedfordshire
www.flickr.com
I am extremely nervous about the gig tonight, guys. I'm photographing Children Of Bodom (plus support) and I've heard in the past that Bodom haven't had the best stage lighting.

Wish me luck guys, and I will post a link to the photos in this thread in the week! :)

The music was rather good, an excellent setlist I think!

Not My Funeral
Bodom Beach Terror
Needled 24/7
Ugly
Roundtrip to Hell and Back
In Your Face
Living Dead Beat
Children Of Bodom
Hate Me!
Blooddrunk
Shovel Knockout
Angels Don't Kill
Follow the Reaper
Downfall

Encore:
Was It Worth It?
Hate Crew Deathroll

Photos aren't at its best I'm afraid. Was difficult to capture anything because there were far too many photographers. I'm talking about at least 20 of them :( Was frustrating, but I did the best I could!

20 photographers?! Bloody hell, that's nuts! Never seen anything like that at any shows I've been to and I've been to plenty!

This is the same setlist they played when I saw them in Nottingham this Thursday just gone, except they played an 'Ugly/Relentless Reckless Forever' medley, which is also what they've been playing at most of the other UK shows, according to the setlists submitted at setlist.fm at least.

Good to see Needled 24/7 back in there, one of my favourite COB songs which unfortunately they didn't play first time I saw them, so very pleased they did so this time. Pretty good setlist all round really, think I generally prefered it to the last time, which is probably helped greatly by the fact that I prefer the latest album to Blooddrunk.

That being said, they still need to make 'Warheart' a staple in their setlists!

I'm sure your photos were still great Nikki! Would be great to see them.

20 photographers?! Bloody hell, that's nuts! Never seen anything like that at any shows I've been to and I've been to plenty!

This is the same setlist they played when I saw them in Nottingham this Thursday just gone, except they played an 'Ugly/Relentless Reckless Forever' medley, which is also what they've been playing at most of the other UK shows, according to the setlists submitted at setlist.fm at least.

Good to see Needled 24/7 back in there, one of my favourite COB songs which unfortunately they didn't play first time I saw them, so very pleased they did so this time. Pretty good setlist all round really, think I generally prefered it to the last time, which is probably helped greatly by the fact that I prefer the latest album to Blooddrunk.

That being said, they still need to make 'Warheart' a staple in their setlists!

I'm sure your photos were still great Nikki! Would be great to see them.

Maybe not exactly 20, but it looked like that many to me. Could barely get a spot I wanted to go to because there were too many. And whatever photos I took, there's always a lens showing :mad:

Yeah, that was the one submitted on setlist.fm - I was so happy they played Bodom Beach Terror. That's one of my favourite ever Bodom tracks, went crazy whilst Photographing! Haha.

I quite like the latest album, Shovel Knockout is my favourite track of the album, and so pleased to have a new t-shirt which says that on the back of it. I'm a happy woman! But yeah, Warheart would be amazing to hear live. Maybe one day...

Those photos of Ensiferum and Amon Amarth are infinitely better than my cell phone camera shots :lol: Very nice photos Nikki, love seeing your concert pics!

EDIT: And that first pic of Alexi, damn! Very nice!

Those photos of Ensiferum and Amon Amarth are infinitely better than my cell phone camera shots :lol: Very nice photos Nikki, love seeing your concert pics!

EDIT: And that first pic of Alexi, damn! Very nice!

Aw, thanks very much! That is probably my favourite shot off Alexi to be honest. I have so many of him it's unbelieveable :oops:

I'm glad you enjoy viewing my photos. It really does mean a lot to me. Thank you.

Great photos! Cool to see you got plenty of shots of Johan Hegg's magnificant beard!

Shame you couldn't get more photos of Emmi from Ensiferum though....haha, somebody had to go there!

Great photos! Cool to see you got plenty of shots of Johan Hegg's magnificant beard!

Shame you couldn't get more photos of Emmi from Ensiferum though....haha, somebody had to go there!

Oi cheeky! It was her Birthday that evening as well ;) But yeah, it was actually hard to capture Emmi, as it's a tall stage and I'm a short-ass :p Johan's beard looked so beautiful, it amazed me.

Thanks everyone for the comments, greatly appreciated :)