Children of Bodom UK Street Team Launched

ScottWD

New Metal Member
Hey guys,

I'm pleased to announce the launch of the new Children of Bodom UK Street team.

Managed by Worst Decision and Spinefarm UK the street team aims to promote the band, their upcoming releases and tour dates primarily in the UK but also worldwide through its website and team missions. Team members who participate in team missions will be eligable to receive free CoB merchandise.

The team is free to join and open to all, but as mentioned earlier there will be an emphasis on UK promotion in addition to online promotion.

For more information or to join check out the Worst Decision website at http://www.worst-decision.com. Our first team missions are due to be announced this weekend and we'll inform you all by e-mail and on the team website when things are ready!

I'll be managing the team in addition to our other staff and Spinefarm Records UK so if anybody has any queries feel free to PM me on the forums or e-mail me etc.

Any help in announcing the launch of the team, even if you decide not to join, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Scott

Spinefarm Records UK only officially launched last weekend and they're going for a big push to try to get all of their bands noticed by people who may have missed them by being new to the scene, or having been hiding under a rock for years, etc. This includes Children of Bodom :). They also want Blooddrunk and the regional CoB dates to do as well as possible which is why we were asked to help.

We've also managed successful street teams for other bands who have an established fanbase in the UK including Bowling For Soup, who have been playing to some rather large audiences in the UK recently, and have found that even with established bands the Street Teams help get the word out there and help new people discover the band.

@orcy_uk:
to join visit our website at www.worst-decision.com then just click on the "join us" link at the top of the site to create an account (remember to select children of bodom on the signup page). then just follow the instructions you are given and you'll be good to go in 2 minutes.

@AndreasS:
I am not sure if there will be a dedicated Dutch team as it was Spinefarm Records UK that asked us to establish this team. Anybody from any country can join our one and participate in team missions, but some of the missions will be available to people in the UK only... such as handing out flyers, voting in some polls etc

@orcy_uk:
to join visit our website at www.worst-decision.com then just click on the "join us" link at the top of the site to create an account (remember to select children of bodom on the signup page). then just follow the instructions you are given and you'll be good to go in 2 minutes.

@AndreasS:
I am not sure if there will be a dedicated Dutch team as it was Spinefarm Records UK that asked us to establish this team. Anybody from any country can join our one and participate in team missions, but some of the missions will be available to people in the UK only... such as handing out flyers, voting in some polls etc

Cheers man, good for the british metal community

Oh and to ScottWD - so once signing up, does that give me access to (a) forum(s), imean how do you physically get involved as a street team member, some expalantion would be coo, , ithink im the only COB fan in the whole of east anglia..

@XxSnapxX:
You would need to talk to the US label about that unfortunately. I would create a US one for you too but I've only been asked to create a UK one. Sorry.

@Orcy_UK:
At the moment while our new site is finished (we're estimating end of the month for that) street team communication is done via e-mail and on the street team home page (visit worst-decison.com and click on Children of Bodom). We e-mail you details of team missions and how to complete them, as well as posting them on the team homepage for you to read should you have selected "no e-mail" on sign up.

When the new site is online we will have forums, an online mission database, automatic mission submission and many other things we haven't officially announced yet... which will make our efforts even more effective and, we hope, make the site a fun place to hang out.

The first team missions are due to be announced between tomorrow and the weekend and will include promoting the team online, handing out flyers which will be posted to you, promoting the upcoming tour online and much more. Sorry for the delay in getting the missions announced - i'm waiting for a few things from the label at the moment before we can announce them... but the team is fully active. Once you have signed up to the site and selected that you wish to join the CoB team you are a team member and able to receive team communication, access the team homepage and participate in team missions.

All team missions are optional. There is no obligation to participate in any individual mission. However the people that do participate will be awarded a number of points to show how well they have been doing in the missions. The people that help the most and in the best ways will be eligable for the free stuff, as well as the occasional person that will be selected at random from all members.

I hope this helps. Any other queries feel free to ask.

Im totally fuckin doing that. Looking forward to the first mission. Before you know it the whole of south London is gonna be loving CoB.

Oh RIGHT! So when I suggested this everyone starts knockin the idea and as soon as it officially becomes a reality everyone jumps on it..bloodjy typical!..Scott do you know if this idea was already in the works or if someone saw it posted here and thought it'd be a good idea?? Well I'll def be a joining :D :D , would the fans be getting any special priviledges like getting to enter exclusive competitions to meet the band before a show or anything??