CHILDREN OF BODOM

lol did you honestly expect different?

They usually at least play some old standards like Behind Space and Episode 666. Last night the only pre-Clayman track they played was Graveland off of Jester Race (awesome) and the crowd completely died. Nobody there knew the song, so I guess in some ways I can't blame them for ignoring that era. Anders introduced the song by saying "this one is from 1996, when most of you were still listening to Backstreet Boys" :lol:

Little late here...but I pretty much share the feelings of everyone.

Missed High on Fire
Job For A Cowboy: How does a band like this get signed and promoted. Seriously, it's one thing not to like the music (which I don't) but I can appreciate a good band playing in a genre I don't like. I understand this genre enough to know what is good and I don't think they're near the top. Plus, when the singer goes into his upper register he sounds like a damn puppet. What the hell? No me gusta.
Children of Bodom: My primary reason for attending. They sounded DAMN good, but too short. They did play Hate Me, which is my favorite song of theirs so I was pretty happy about that.
In Flames: I find them fairly boring overall, but their set was fun. A solid 7/10 for me.
Megadeth: Was not thrilled with the set list. VERY HEAVY on new stuff, which makes sense given the audience. Their playing was fucking brilliant. Chris Broderick was amazing. I really enjoyed watching him with Dave. I hope he doesn't leave Jag Panzer permanently, but he makes a strong presence in Megadeth. He even played some of the leads (or improvised is own) that Dave usually plays which I thought was interesting.

GREAT show. If you're thinking about going, definitely go. Seems like all of the last 3 bands are on top of their game right now.

Even their headlining set is only in the area of 75 minutes or so.

Which is fine...and a helluva lot better than 45 minutes. Their songs aren't opethian in length, so 75 minutes adds up to a lot of songs.... :)

As for being "big enough", they've already done a few US headlining tours now, which have all done quite well.

Oh, I know. I meant to put a smiley after that, to indicate I was kiddin'. They are easily at the "headline medium halls" stage.

Haven't had a chance to give my play by play yet, so I'll jump on the bandwagon:

High on Fire weren't bad, I'm not extremely familiar with their material so I didn't get into it as much. From what I understand, they do much better in smaller more intimate venues. But the faces the bassist made while playing were entertaining enough.

Job for a Cowboy was like pulling off a band-aid really slowly. I could tell by the crowd reaction to the song titles how much the core kids behind me were going slam into my spine. They did nothing for me musically.

CoB didn't let me down at all. Could've used a longer set, but it's understandable given the time frame and the amount of bands they had to squeeze in. Definitely could've used another track off of Follow the Reaper, and wouldn't have minded hearing Tie My Rope over either of the tracks they played off the new disc (Hellhounds and Blooddrunk) Was surprised at just how short Alexi was though :D.

In Flames is a band I'd been dying to see since I got into metal. Luckily I like their last 3-4 CDs, as they were pretty much the only material pulled from, aside from Morphing into Primal. They didn't dissapoint.

Megadeth was my chance to break out of the second row and actually breathe again. They put on a pretty good show for a band I had little interest in, was worth seeing them at least once.

Gigantour ATL

High on Fire - Nap time
Job for a Cowboy - Worst grindcore I have ever heard!
COB - Great band, but their set was to short...WAh
IN Flames- Loved their set. :headbang:
Megadeth - They were Awesome!!

Ha!! Since we were there together and thought the same thing about every band/set, nuf said! Really did suck that COB's set was so short. I pretty upset about that crap! :Smug: I was really looking forward to seeing them the most, too.... ah, well, In Flames came on next and made me feel much better. :):kickass::headbang:

I was on the rail it was awesome

Couldn't hear the solos or keyboards so it was kinda disappointing though

Hope they come back and headline soon

Which CoB studio album should I buy next? Which is your fave from the band overall?

They are my favorite band (tied w/ Wintersun) but their new stuff sucks and they weren't good at Gigantour. They were great when they headlined the Masq with BTBAM and the Black Dahlia Murder.

I don't know what you already have but get them in this order:

1. Follow the Reaper (just buy it)
2. Hatebreeder (a close second)
3. Hate Crew Death Roll
4. Something Wild

Ignore or download (if you want...I don't recommend it) the rest.

3 and 4 are interchangeable and both great...but it depends on who you are. A lot of people would tell you to get Something Wild before Hate Crew Death Roll but I prefer it to Something Wild. It's still great though.

They are my favorite band (tied w/ Wintersun) but their new stuff sucks and they weren't good at Gigantour. They were great when they headlined the Masq with BTBAM and the Black Dahlia Murder.

I don't know what you already have but get them in this order:

1. Follow the Reaper (just buy it)
2. Hatebreeder (a close second)
3. Hate Crew Death Roll
4. Something Wild

Ignore or download (if you want...I don't recommend it) the rest.

3 and 4 are interchangeable and both great...but it depends on who you are. A lot of people would tell you to get Something Wild before Hate Crew Death Roll but I prefer it to Something Wild. It's still great though.

Bolded for truth. :headbang::headbang: "Are You Dead Yet" is so bad that I have not even LOOKED at it since the day I played it. (Still in my CD racks)

Agreed with the previous suggestions....I'd also suggest the Tokyo Warhearts Live EP if you can find it, as it was reissued without the box and the photos, in regular jewelcase packaging.

Interesting no comments here about their aborted tour a couple weeks ago. Did anyone go to the doomed NYC show that was canceled after three songs?

I'd say Hatebreeder is my favorite with Something Wicked and Follow after.

Gave up on them with Hate Crew Death Roll. Didn't sound interesting to me at all and had nothing new.

Alexi fell out of the upper bunk of the tour bus and broke his shoulder. An official statement here says "he was ejected from his tour bus bunk after the vehicle took a sharp turn," but people close to the band say it was an alcohol-related incident. No surprise there. Latest word is he may have also broken his clavicle too. He tried to finish the tour, but it was impossible. He ended up leaving the stage after three songs in NYC.