Children of Bodom's "Aces High" cover.

Sympozium

Saprophyte
Sep 16, 2001
Australia
I was wondering if anyone has heard Children of Bodom's "Aces High" cover and if they have what they think of it...?

Me I like it. I am a big fan of both bands especiall CoB and I thought it was good that the song is faster becasue that brings out CoB's style more. I also thought it was cool how the second guitar solo was done on keyboard (i know heaps of people hate the synth solos).

Of course the original still stands mighty against any cover but I think CoB did a good job..! :)

I love the cover as much if not more than the original, the Arch Enemy cover of Aces High is pretty shit but.

i'll tell you a cool cover, Dark Tranquility's cover of 22 Acacia Avenue. if you don't have it,get it now. It has the Big Koich seal of approval.

I think it sucks. Sorry!! It loss's the whole feel of the song in my opinion. I could sing better playing a trumpet with my arse :err:

Why do people like Black/Death Metal so much? I sound like a parent I know.. but it sounds like a whole heap of noise to me.

Amen to that Crossy. I've had (or perhaps even started) such arguments many times before on this BB, but every death/black metal song I've ever heard sounds exactly the same to me. Down tuned guitars and unintelligible vox that sound as if they were recorded in someone's backyard toilet.

Musically, however, CoB are great. It's just the "vocals" that irritate me beyond belief. Why even bother to write lyrics if no-one can understand what the hell you're singing?

On the subject of good covers, Slayer's Hand of Doom came as quite a pleasant surprise...

W