aces high

lakebodomkiller

random hero
Nov 25, 2001
texas
Visit site
maybe im a dumb ass but i thought children of bodom did the aces high cover, did arch enemy do the same one as well because i was looking on the end records and i saw an archenemy 2 cd pack with wages of sin and a bonus cd with an aces high cover, is this a misprint or did arch enemy really do that cover, if so i love to hear it.

Well, I myself have no idea about an Arch Enemy Aces High cover, but that's probably because I don't listen to them. But I guess that if it says on the cd back cover that there is an Aces High cover then I guess they have done it as well as the other songs on the record.

only covers im aware of are of "The Hellion" (W.A.S.P song) and Shot in the Dark (Ozzy cover)

Aces High was done by Arch Enemy

and there is a cover of "The Trooper" (Maiden of course) by Sentenced but has been confused for COB.

if anyone has the Made In Japan tribute to Iron Maiden plz fucking tell me.

i want to get a full track listing of that cd.

This is for you, Bodom-Metal:

Besides those "Hellion", "Shot in the Dark" and "Aces High" CoB has also done covers form these songs:

- "No Commands" by Stone
- "Mass Hypnosis" by Sepultura
- "Don't Stop at the Top" by Scorpions

At the moment I don't remember any others, if there still was some.

And, for the record, they have been playing Twisted Sister's "We're not going to take it" live for a couple of times..

COB also covered Slayer's Silent Scream (it will be released on a Tribute to Slayer album on Nuclear Blast soon, I think) and King Diamond's Waiting. Both songs aren't released yet.

Originally posted by Zarok666
COB also covered Slayer's Silent Scream (it will be released on a Tribute to Slayer album on Nuclear Blast soon, I think) and King Diamond's Waiting. Both songs aren't released yet.

Oh yeah, I knew those too, but didn't remember them, 'cause I was remembering about what covers are on which releases. And 'cause those aren't released yet, I didin't remember them.

BTW, Sinergy's version of "Gimme Gimme Gimme" by Abba is brilliant. And the Scorpions cover too. Although I haven't listened to them for a while..

Well, then you should buy the album "A Tribute to the Beast". The "Aces High" by CoB is there and by the way, on the same record there is "The Number of the Beast" played by Sinergy. Fuck now that I started to talk about it, I have to get the album...

The "Aces High" cover by COB sucks big time. The chords are fucked up and the keyboards don't fit in at all. I liked Arch Enemy's version very much. I was kind of surprised about the COB version, 'cause for example, their cover of "Hellion" is great :)

I like the COB's cover of aces high a lot. I have the Arch enemy cover on CD (wages of sin 2-CD) I think, I'll listen to it when I've got some spare time. I only listen to the real wages of sin, not the bonusdisc

Originally posted by lakebodomkiller
maybe im a dumb ass but i thought children of bodom did the aces high cover, did arch enemy do the same one as well because i was looking on the end records and i saw an archenemy 2 cd pack with wages of sin and a bonus cd with an aces high cover, is this a misprint or did arch enemy really do that cover, if so i love to hear it.

Yup, Arch Enemy did Aces High cover too. But bodom is better

Originally posted by Erika
how about The Trooper? Alexi sings like...... mmm it's so funny:lol:

Erika not again!!!

This conversation has been already about THOUSAND TIMES.

Once more: The Trooper isn't Children Of Bodom's. It is Sentenced's cover... Oh yes Sentenced sounded more death metal than it does in nowadays. And don't tell me that you have it on mp3... It is named wrong, believe me. :D

Arch Enemy's cover of Aces High is better than CoB's. Both of them DID cover the song... and of course, the original is just untouchable. my favorite song of all time.

to avoid any further confusion about the Final Countdown, too...

the fast version with the keyboard part being played on guitar is the dispatched cover.
the cover that is at normal speed with keyboards is norther.

both versions are good, and i admit, both versions do sound like alexi on vocals, but you can tell it's not if you listen.

anyway, if you haven't heard any of norther's original stuff, you should check it out. i just ordered their cd from theendrecords.. waiting for it to get here.