Chirac mocks England, bashes Finland

Chirac mocks Britain for mad cow, bad food
French president cracks jokes to Russian, German leaders

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reuters[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updated: 7:29 a.m. ET July 5, 2005[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PARIS - French President Jacques Chirac cracked jokes to Russian and German leaders about bad British food and mad cow disease, a Paris daily said on Monday, in comments that could further strain Anglo-French relations.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chirac’s office said the comments in Liberation “did not correspond at all with the tone or the content of the meeting” he had with Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder on Sunday in Kaliningrad.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Liberation said Chirac was overheard making the jokes on the sidelines of the meeting in the Russian city. Its Moscow correspondent, who covered the meeting, reported journalists overheard an unsuspecting Chirac making the remarks. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“The only thing they (the English) have ever done for European agriculture is mad cow,” Chirac quipped, according to the paper, prompting laughter from Schroeder and Putin.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Relations between France and Britain were already at a low point, with British Prime Minister Tony Blair and Chirac blaming each other for the failure of June talks on the European Union’s long-term budget talks.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blair, who took over the EU presidency last week, has particularly irked Paris with his drive to cut EU farm subsidies that mainly benefit France.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'Country with the worst food'
Chirac took the opportunity of a receptive audience to snipe at British food. “You can’t trust people who cook as badly as that,” he joked, the paper said.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“After Finland, it’s the country with the worst food.”[/font]

guys ~ I've found a new hero.:worship::worship::worship:

No beer? No lunch, says Belgian parliamentarian

Thu Jun 30, 7:11 AM ET

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A lunch meeting between a leading parliamentarian in Belgium and counterparts from Iran has been cancelled because the beer-loving Belgian could not stomach a ban on alcohol.

"Even for the tolerant Herman De Croo, that was a bridge too far," De Croo, a Dutch-speaking Liberal, told De Standaard daily on Thursday.

De Croo, president of parliament's lower house, had been due to entertain the speaker and members of the Iranian parliament on Friday during their visit to Belgium -- famous for its diversity of beer brands.

But he said lunch had been cancelled because the Iranians, who as Muslims do not drink alcohol, wanted their hosts to do the same.

"I did not receive such demands in writing. But ... I was indirectly asked not to serve alcohol," said De Croo.

haha I'm such a loser I pay attention to this every year :lol:

Posted on Tue, Jul. 05, 2005
Kobayashi top dog again
For the fifth straight year, it was a victory Takeru Kobayashi could truly relish.

Kobayashi, 27, captured the Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest Monday in New York, gobbling a nauseating 49 dogs in 12 minutes -- but missing his own world record of 53 ½, set at last year's Fourth of July competition.

The win means the coveted Mustard Yellow Belt will return to Japan for the ninth year out of the past 10. New Jersey's Steve Keiner, who won in 1999, is the only American to capture the title in the past decade.

Kobayashi, of Nagano, stands 5 feet 7 inches and weighs just 144 pounds.

The runner-up was Sonya Thomas of Alexandria, Va., -- known as The Black Widow on the competitive-eating circuit -- who set an American record by downing 37 hot dogs in the same 12 minutes.

She said she was planning a light dinner -- maybe a salad.

''My stomach doesn't hurt,'' she said, ``but my jaw is tired.''

Thomas, who weighs a remarkable 105 pounds, is a rising speed-eating star. Last December in Atlantic City, she finished off 89 meatballs -- about six pounds' worth -- in 12 minutes. And in August she captured a lobster-eating contest in Maine by consuming 38 of the creatures in 12 minutes.

The hot dog contest takes place outside the original Nathan's in Coney Island. The contest was first held there in 1916.

girl can down some food...and she's so small!!
SonyaAspJaws1.bmp

wow this was a great weekend for news!!

Fla. Man Arrested After Leaving Marijuana As Tip For Coffee

POSTED: 2:28 pm EDT June 30, 2005
UPDATED: 1:12 am EDT July 1, 2005

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Leaving a half-gram of marijuana as a tip at a Starbuck's is a bad idea. Coming back the next day, fighting with the police and dropping your stash is even worse.

But police say that's what Delshawn Prejean, 35, of Jacksonville, did.

According to a Sheriff's Office report, a customer at the Starbuck's told the server as he was leaving, "I left your tip on the counter." When she looked down, she saw a small amount of unwrapped marijuana. But the man was gone.

When Prejean came into the store Tuesday, the server recognized him as the customer who had left the pot. She called a security guard and police.

When he got to the door to leave, the security guard identified himself, but Prejean wouldn't stop, police said.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Officer F.D. Lockley intervened and a struggle ensued in the parking lot, where others helped subdue Prejean.

During the fracas, Prejean dropped a box containing marijuana and rolling papers, officers said.

Prejean was arrested and charged with battery, resisting an officer, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

He was released late Wednesday from the Duval County Jail on his own recognizance.

There was no information on whether had had retained a lawyer and there was no telephone listing for Prejean.

lizard said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“After Finland, it’s the country with the worst food.”[/font]

A Frenchie is actually correct about something?

yes!

Finnish food SUCKS ASS.

I'd sooner eat dogshit then touch some of those Finnish dishes again. Holy goddamn hell shit AAGGHHH sdfduivuiiukqqklwklasfsdvsdvs *vomit vomit vomit*

If you only knew the political context .. Chirac is already dead . This 'blur' won't change anything . Actually is it kinda funny considering he has not so good tastes in food (his favorite is the calf's head , meh..)