Choirs reminds me of relayer

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
Hmm.. this is probably a bit hard to explain. But I haven't heard an album of this scale since Yes's relayer. I'm not saying that they are both the same style of music, and I'm far from saying that KD are a prog rock band. You guys are a KAYO DOT band.

And while toby's vocals actually remind me of Andersons happy chirps, especially in Wayfarer, along with the light sprinklings of hammond or similar sounding keyboards, this isn't really where I spot the main simularities

But its something about the whole feel of choirs reminds me of Relayer. The massive scope of music covered, the contrasts between chaos and tranquility, the downright bizarre yet amazing melodies, riff structures, song structures, orchestration.

Both albums are/were not only groundbreaking, but also solid, strengthening on previous releases, while progressing forward artisticly and technically with stronger song writing. Relayer took months and months to absorb. And I've already listened to choirs simply nonstop for the last 7? days, probably 20 - 30 times, and I feel like i'm just barely scratching the surface.

thorts?

i agree!

you know, one thing i like about this new album also is how even though i feel it's an improvement over the motW albums, it also feels "different" enough that i don't feel like the motW albums are "lesser" in any substantial way. i guess that's a little paradoxical and Xtokalon will jump on me for it, though.