Chris Caffrey and a THE Metal Goddess

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
All I can say is FUCK YEAH!!!!

Guitarist Chris Caffery (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) will tour as a member of German singer Doro Pesch's band for her upcoming European festival appearances and North American headlining trek (between May 5 and June 30).

Caffery's new solo album, "Pins and Needles", was released in Europe on March 23 via Metal Heaven Records. The CD will arrive in North America on June 5.

The follow-up to 2004's "Faces" and 2005's collection of bonus tracks and new compositions, "W.A.R.P.E.D.", "Pins and Needles" was originally scheduled to be released through Greece's Black Lotus Records, but after the company closed its doors last year, Caffery was forced to seek a new label home.

According to a press release, "Pins and Needles" features a "more powerful, aggressive, experimental and focused attack that is sure to catch the ears of any metal fan." The album was produced by Caffery together with Nik Chinboukas at Nik's Hot Tracks Studio, Spin Studios and Happy Beaver Studios, Astoria, NY.

That just sealed the deal for me. I was trying to decide whether I should see Doro or the Alehorn Of Power Festival in Chicago this June, and that info just decided it for me. This is going to be sweet!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Hell yeah! This is awesome news. I was excited about seeing Doro before, but adding Chris Caffrey to the line-up just makes it that much more awesome. I know they've been good friends for sometime and have worked/toured together before, but I never expected to see it myself. Looks like I'll be seeing them twice - Jaxx, Springfielf, VA and then at the Flight of the Valkyries Festival in St.Paul, MN. Can't wait! :headbang:

That's why I did that Doro posting a while back.. wanted to get people interested... but couldn't go public with that fact until Chris and Doro did.
Not sure if I'll be teching those shows yet, but if so - see ya there!