Chris Cornell

demon talented

enduring iconoclast
May 30, 2002
the body formerly referred to as TheLedTool
I can't stand it anymore. I'm listening to Chris Cornell's "Euphoria Morning" and feel the need to give my unadulterated praise for Cornell. His vocals are amazing. I'm really enjoying this album now... I'm on "Pillow Of Your Bones" now, great song.

I think the vocals, for me, can really attract music, and I know people who share this. They often have tastes in music remarkably close to my own...

Also, anybody know when is the Chris Cornell/former RATM members project going to be released? I heard some songs were leaked, but I have no idea where to get it... I found out after AG died. :s

I can't believe the vocals on that guy... I end up spending half the time listening to his work wondering how the hell he does it. :rolleyes:

i believe his work with soundgarden was better than his solo project. well, if you arent much a fan of grunge, you wont like soundgarden much (though they blend it with hard rock, too)...and yeah, if anyone has any info on the RATM-cornell collaboration, please speak up.

I'm waiting to hear Chris Cornell do some really insane vocals like on "Limo Wreck" or "Tighter & Tighter" or "Fresh Tendrils"... Was it just that the metal-ish Soundgarden was better suited for it... or is he holding back? ;) I just got his solo CD, but I'm enjoying it. :D I don't think vocally he can really go wrong.

Badmotorfinger definitely had some more metal songs on Badmotorfinger. My favorite Soundgarden album is Superunknown though, and that's also my most played CD ever... :D The original grunge is kind of metal meets punk. I particularly look at The Melvins for that, who vary in their heaviness... Some songs are pretty heavy, and "Gun" by Soundgarden makes me think of that...

Originally posted by ChokingParasite
The radio station here said that the Cornell/RATM project was canceled, although they WILL release an album

I've read this thing too in a music magazine here, the project was cancelled. I don't know if they will release an album, with or without Cornell, though.

Recent industry rumors suggest that the Rage Against The Machine and Chris Cornell project is once again back on with the two parties having worked out their differences and deciding to continue on with the group. According to www.hitsdailydouble.com, the band have even been seeking out new management recently. While little else is known as of yet, a September 24th release through Epic has been rumored for the groups completed debut offering.

Soundgarden was good... I didn't really like them when they were around. Still, the Melvins are the cream of the Seattle scene cake. Heavier than anyone from that city.