Ark

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
This band seems pretty interesting. Had my first listen to them yesterday. Very interesting Prog Metal, Great vocalist, kinda power metal oriented, but very powerful and maybe even reminds me of Chris Cornell. The music itself is quite interesting too, really interesting style, and there are some real weird songs.

The song i'm listening to now is weird, and the vocalist sounds sooo much like Chris Cornell, but he doesn't sound like that all the time. Anyway, prog fans, check em out.

I think they suck. At first they may seem ok...but damn it those guys have some serious attitude problems.
Í met them at a local recordstore once and they were so ignorant I almost puked.

cheers:)

hahah... that reminds me blakmetalemp... i read an interview with Yngwie bashing him really hard and bashing ark, it was funny. Anyway yeah they're not bad. I am in the minority of prog fans who don't like them all that much. Like the guys who are into straight "clean" prog only (a la Fates Warning, Dream Theater, Zero Hour, Pain Of Salvation) ADORE them... i just kinda like them. I am weird that way though... i am the same about Steve Vai and RUSH... both of them are meh... but ANY instrumental guitar fan thinks vai is a god, and any prog rock fan thinks rush is godly. So there's my 3 strikes, Ark, Rush, and Vai. Dunno why i miss the brilliance of them all.

I saw Ark play last year at ProgPower, and they were incredible. I talked to Randy Coven(bassist) as we were leaving(while Symphony X was playing...bleh), and he seemed like he didn't want to be there. He wasn't very talkative at all but did appreciate my buying their shirt. I also saw Jorn Lande sing for Yngwie last year and thought his vocals were really good. I have been meaning to check out his solo albums.

Bumblefoot, I also read that interview on Ark's website. I think it's pretty funny that he hates them because I think they are a lot better than him. He was soooo boring and repetitive live. He just stood on stage and did his thing...no emotion at all.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend anyone into prog to check out Ark. You won't be disappointed.

Yngwie's comments about Jorn sounded especially hollow considering how he loves to hire generic and indistinguishable vocalists. Besides some lapses into cock rock, I think they are a great band. As for Randy, some of the Progpower vets were calling him a prick...

I thought you were talking about the swedish band "The Ark", but obviously you're talking about an american band?

So ignore my last post here as I talked about the swedish ark.

take care mates!

woohoo! someone else that likes Ark?! :D
I've only heard Burn The Sun, but it is album i have listend the most too the past month...
really really like it! :)