Freedom of speech? !YES! until now........

I stopped reading the review at "Tangential passages in wierd time-signature riffs don't fool me one iota." The bloke's obviously trying his hardest to be pretentious, and the review shouldn't have been published, not even a chimp would publish it.

That review is shit, and this is coming from another person who reviews albums.

edit: I'm sorry, that was just pretentious of me :sir-erks-a-lot:

I hope your reviews have better reasoning than your posts

I tend to keep my cynicism and pessimism to myself in professional work, as there really is no need to give a damn around the Opeth forum (or any forum for that matter). I'm not trying to state a logical point, merely an opinion that the review was poorly written (just as this post was when I wrote it).

edit: Still bad...oh my :erk:

Why would they let a guy who has a fucking vendetta against Opeth CONSTANTLY review and complain?
Obviously this guy isnt the fuckin target market, so you let people who ARE fans of prog/death metal review

DUH!

lol this reviewer is making Opeth sound as bad as King (queen) Crimson! I mean, 21st Century Schizoid Man is listenable (only because of the guitar), but King Crimson must be the worst "metal" band ever. If you don't believe me, listen to their stuff from the 80's! It's no where NEAR metal! But yeah, this reviewer is kinda stupid, but I can kinda see where he's coming from. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Opeth traitor (I'm one of their biggest fans!), but Black Water park is NO WHERE near as good as Deliverance or Ghost Reveries. I haven't heard it all the way through though, but from what I heard it was kinda decent. Oh well, MIKAEL IS MY HERO!

The guy tried to analyze them as if they are some mathematics problem, you can't really feel Opeth by analyzing them. Their music simply screams: "hey man, lay back and enjoy some good shit!". Analyzing comes later.
I played BWP to a friend once, and he quickly dissmised it by saying "this part, that part, this passage, that solo".... Couple of months later, I cought him off guard while he was drunk and played it again. He was fucking shocked!
That guy should take it easy....

People, stop caring what category the music falls under and enjoy it to the full, stop caring what some jackass thinks who probaly doesn't get out of his mum's house that often and has no social life. If he wants to categorise his music let him. I don't give a shit. I just read some of the reviews of blackwater park and people on there just automatically say "I did'nt think I'd like Opeth because it was death metal" Close minded?