Freedom of speech?

Priest of Evil

Adores the Number 666
Dec 1, 2005
I was banned from IMOC for this:

without a trace...

Australia is still here and still Metal even though Maiden have barely toured here in 23 yrs or the fact that
IMOC keeps deleting the opinions of Australian Maiden fans

So here lies the question:

Im curious, those of you who complain about the Australians who complain about Maiden not coming to their city - how may times has Maiden been near you? Its been 15 yrs since Maiden has even been Australia. Don't forget, you can't even drive between our cities without losing a day of travel - a minimum of 8 hours to be precise. So go on, flame the Aussies for speaking up.

Most of us are travelling to see them but alot are complaining and with good reason. If the fans are kicking up that much of a stink with a band who have nothing more to prove or nothing more to earn then, they can stike a deal with any city/promoter to play in any arena. That is what people get mad about. A fans band - I dont think so- but a legendary band nonetheless.

It's a privately owned forum so they're not violating any human rights by removing/censoring your posts or banning you. I posted on the Maiden forums some years ago and yeah they had some pretty dumbass policies even back then but it's still not an issue of freedom of speech.

The moral of the story: Only post in UltimateMetal :D

Fair call Tsorl, perhaps I got a bit carried away but I think its a case of overkill. I didnt realise what i said was so subversive. I don't know what I was I thining, its the Iron Maiden board... hahah I'll take your moral and I'll consider changing my signature ;)

Yeah, criticizing Maiden at the Maiden boards was always a big mistake. It enraged the fanboys, encouraged the Maiden-hating trolls and everything just usually went to hell and people got banned. Not to mention all the various "board alliances" which were formed by members who had too much time on their hands...:erk:
It was just a mess nobody had any control over and in the end they just shut the whole thing down. I never registered to the new IMOC but I thought the registration fee (AFAIK?) would have made it a bit less troll-free.

I don't know if your comment was all that nasty but in a place full of Maiden diehards protected by anonymity it's going to cause a shitstorm for sure. Don't go changing that signature though, Iron Maiden the band still rules no matter what. :headbang:

As for bands not touring in Australia or other countries far from their own home nation, it's a matter of economics - getting all that equipment overseas costs a pretty penny which then will be passed on to the ticket buyers.

As an example, long-time running Industrial band Einsturzende Neubauten has done a tour through America about once every four years. Even then, they still lose approximately $40,000 each tour in getting all their gear and crew over from Europe.

It's not that the bands don't want to tour in your fair country, it's strictly them asking themselves, "What's it going to cost us and, in turn, then what's the cost going to be for the fans?"

The moral of the story: Only post in UltimateMetal

I'll drink to that :kickass:

IMOC can suck my________ (finish the rime of the ancient fan)

NP: Darkwater - 'Tallest Tree'

It's a privately owned forum so they're not violating any human rights by removing/censoring your posts or banning you. I posted on the Maiden forums some years ago and yeah they had some pretty dumbass policies even back then but it's still not an issue of freedom of speech.

The moral of the story: Only post in UltimateMetal :D

I agree 100%. :)