Got Banned

Priest of Evil

Adores the Number 666
Dec 1, 2005
From IMOC for:

without a trace...

Australia is still here and still Metal even though Maiden have barely toured here in 23 yrs or the fact that
IMOC keeps deleting the opinions of Australian Maiden fans

So here lies the question:

Im curious, those of you who complain about the Australians who complain about Maiden not coming to their city - how may times has Maiden been near you? Its been 15 yrs since Maiden has even been Australia. Don't forget, you can't even drive between our cities without losing a day of travel - a minimum of 8 hours to be precise. So go on, flame the Aussies for speaking up.

Most of us are travelling to see them but alot are complaining and with good reason. If the fans are kicking up that much of a stink with a band who have nothing more to prove or nothing more to earn then, they can stike a deal with any city/promoter to play in any arena. That is what people get mad about. A fans band - I dont think so- but a legendary band nonetheless.

I don't understand... did you post that stuff you wrote in your post there on the Maiden forum and get banned for it or something else?

I don't see anything particularly offensive about what you wrote... :confused:

Yeah I think he was quoting what he posted on the IM forum. I wouldn't be too worried about getting banned from there. From what I've seen of it, it's full of retards.

Hmm...

I think that's a bit over the top to get banned for that!

On our forum - being another official band forum - obviously have a rule that we don't allow criticism of LORD and other associated projects or our affiliates, but only really if it's in a troll-like manner. There's actually been plenty of people who have mentioned things they didn't like about what we do or disappointed we haven't toured to their location, etc. - and that's absolutely fine. If you put a product or service out to the general public, you have to be accountable to some degree.

Has it always been so strict there?

UM started out as a webzine, I believe (we started it together, but I lost interest after a few hours - but I did think of the name), and then it took off when he decided to start hosting forums - Maiden Downunder and then the one for my Blaze site, which ended up being the unofficial Blaze Bayley forum, and a few others.

Not sure if it had anything to do with the official Maiden forum, but it's possible that the Maiden Downunder one started because the official one was useless (as was the Maiden newsgroup). I can't really remember the details, it was all so long ago.

I was under the impression Mark started all these forum because of a shitfight that happened when he was modding the official IM forum?

Am I thinking of someone else?