Rush Influence In Deliverance

BlackRoseImmortalWaterPark

Black Ros Mortal!! METAL!
Oct 4, 2007
Toronto
:headbang:Hello Fellow Opeth worshippers, I have come to realize something very interesting and cool, as you already know Opeth are big fans of Rush, the complexity of there tunes and the progressive stuff and as weird as it sounds even the death metal stuff is influenced by this stuff. So anywayz I was listening to YYZ by Rush the other day and is it just me or does it sound alot like the Deliverance track, the beginning riff sounds alot like it and even Lindgrens solo sounds similar to the style of the solo in it, all the hammer on and pull offs that sound like middle eastern. I asked my pops who is a big fan of both bands and he agreed with me very much. I just thought it was really cool, As Opeth are no riff stealers, they are the kings of originality, but I love how they sometimes make references to older prog bands in some songs. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dying to hear the new album!! They say it sounds alot like My Arms, Your Hearse, DEMON OF THE FALL 2 MUAHAHA :headbang:

yeah that was my thought exactly when I heard the opening riff to YYZ

the fact that you haven't heard yyz already discredits your opinion

You having your period or something? You sure sound like a cunt. Of course I have heard "YYZ". I just never listened to it with the intention of comparing it to "Deliverance".

The fact that you spend time posting that stupid sentence discredits you as a person with a life.

yeah the intros are similar....i think its another one of those "ode" opeth love to do.......no harm no foul...no need to sue...!!!!....PEAC EOUT

the fact that you haven't heard yyz already discredits your opinion

I really hate attitude like that. So you seriously think that everyone should have heard YYZ? More propably you just want to be "one of those people on the internet who like to point out how things should be and how they are all right". I don't know...

You having your period or something? You sure sound like a cunt. Of course I have heard "YYZ". I just never listened to it with the intention of comparing it to "Deliverance".

The fact that you spend time posting that stupid sentence discredits you as a person with a life.

lmao, get a clue fgt

Mikael Åkerfeldt = Geddy Lee? YOU decide!

Calm the fuck down, by the way. And Metalmaster, you called the first three responses rude but proceeded to call ASU a cunt. I'm not dissing you or anything, but it's a good example of how people who are otherwise pretty intelligent and wellspoken get way too wrapped up in this kind of shitstorm.

SHIT THREAD, btw.