Deliverance a disappointment....

Originally posted by threak
its an incredible album.it would be boring if the the band were to follow the same formula for each album.

I wish those stupid assholes of In Flames fans could realize what you said and stop moaning about another TJR

Originally posted by seventi
I wish those stupid assholes of In Flames fans could realize what you said and stop moaning about another TJR

Yeah, well, they might as well stop doing that. It ain't gonna happen. They've shown that. It's about as possible as Metallica making another Master of Puppets. I sure as hell don't expect either of the above mentioned possibilities to happen. I've learned to let adventurous bands (i.e. not AC/DC, Slayer, or Motorhead) progress and not expect too much of the same thing as before. Expectations can be a real buzzkiller on bands.

Originally posted by Revelation #9
Yeah, well, they might as well stop doing that. It ain't gonna happen. They've shown that. It's about as possible as Metallica making another Master of Puppets. I sure as hell don't expect either of the above mentioned possibilities to happen. I've learned to let adventurous bands (i.e. not AC/DC, Slayer, or Motorhead) progress and not expect too much of the same thing as before. Expectations can be a real buzzkiller on bands.

Word!

well...i ain't listened to it enough to make a finalish judgement, but one thing i did notice...this is supposed to be the 'heavy' album...but it fucking ain't HEAVY. the 'light' album is gunna be pissy...in a good way maybe, but still pissy. i was expecting psyco heavy angry shit...i like it, but i would preffer a bit heavier

(don't post shit like "then go listen to ...", & if that was your initial thought, u can go fuck yourself with a splintery wooden stick)

Originally posted by the face of smeg
well...i ain't listened to it enough to make a finalish judgement, but one thing i did notice...this is supposed to be the 'heavy' album...but it fucking ain't HEAVY. the 'light' album is gunna be pissy...in a good way maybe, but still pissy. i was expecting psyco heavy angry shit...i like it, but i would preffer a bit heavier

(don't post shit like "then go listen to ...", & if that was your initial thought, u can go fuck yourself with a splintery wooden stick)

Yeah, exactly what I feel too. This album is just too different from the previous ones. And some Opeth fans here don't seem to tolerate that some people like me get frustrated when trying to clear out for themselves why the latest opus doesn't hit like a ten ton hammer...:confused:

Originally posted by inferenzum
Right.. well, if you're forcing yourself to like something that you don't really like, just because it has a brand-name you think you're obligated to be loyal to, then I have no sympathy for you. You might as well just put your nikes back on and get jiggy widdit back at the beach house, if that's the case.

You must've completely misunderstood me. I didn't say I was forcing myself to like it. I said I listened to it a bunch of times and DIDN'T like it. I also said if it weren't for the fact that it was an OPETH album, I wouldn't have listened to it so many times. If it were some other group, I would've not given it a second thought after the first listen.

Originally posted by the face of smeg

I don't think ANYONE here was thinking that. We're just posting our opinions too if we like it. No one is gonna like all of the bands shit all the time. So I guess the splintery wooden stick is all yours for the fucking. enjoy

Originally posted by Dan
I've listened to the album a lot, and I still feel that it falls short. The riffing sounds uninspired in parts, Wreath and Master's Apprentice for example. Some sections are repeated too long and become drawn out. It's not a bad album, but I expect a little more from Opeth. Their first speed bump in the road of greatness.

Man, I've been trying to tab Wreath, and I didn't realize how fucking cool this song is until I tried to figure it out! Total Opeth on that song...I can't see where all this hostility is coming from for Deliverance...

I don't get it either. It's not THAT fucking different, not when you've lived through ...And Justice for All and the black album or Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction. That's a fucking shock to the system. BTW, love the "Clerks" quote. I'm glad someone else finds it about as amusing.