Deliverance/Damnation album orginins thread

cyanopsis

Dec 11, 2001
Falun, Sweden
You all know that Opeth uses other bands or other bands works for their album titles.. Unless they've changed that concept, where do you think Deliverance and Damnation comes from. Just brainstorm...

I can think of Corrosion of Conformity's "Deliverance" LP. Any other?

i used to listen to a christian thrash metal band called deliverance... btw i find these new titles disturbing and unoriginal but as long as the music is good then i'm aroused.

I've got it! :lol: Mikael is crazy for Manu Dibango's sound on the "Deliverance" album and the Steve Miller track "Damnation" on the "Rock Love" album! :lol: :p

Further perusing:

Damnation songs
Fates Warning - Chasing Time
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness

Deliverance songs
Scorn - Deliverance
Cadaver Inc - Discipline
Earth Crisis - Live

It's weird how the band is going from Heavy to Mellow.

The titles appear as they should be switched.

I personally like both names ,and they will probably be linked. I just really figured it would go mellow to heavy. Oh well it will still be awesome as fuck.

I guess they need one word names, to kind of be to the point and tell you that the albums are linked in a way. When using one word you can't really go any deeper than what they have... unless you're Meshuggah and you come up with words most English people have never heard in their entire lives.

Anybody think there's hope for a sample to download in the next few weeks...it would it awesome!

Originally posted by changso
Anybody think there's hope for a sample to download in the next few weeks...it would it awesome!

This time.. this time I'm not going to hear a single note until I get the actual CD in my hands. I just want it to be pure 50-70 minutes of new music.

Originally posted by Hondo
This time.. this time I'm not going to hear a single note until I get the actual CD in my hands. I just want it to be pure 50-70 minutes of new music.

Indeed, it will be extreamly difficult but worth it!