deliverance/damnation

TheBigJones47

giant slab of flesh
Nov 19, 2002
B/CS, Texas, U.S.A.
Visit site
not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but a couple of thoughts about these albums...

first, it's ironic (planned that way, perhaps), that deliverance comes before damnation - from the words' definitions, you would be delivered from damnation

also strange that "deliverance" is the more intense, heavier, darker (possibly, haven't seen d2 lyrics yet) album, while "damnation" is soft and mellow - typically someone being damned would sound very loud and violent, not beautiful and soft.

just a few things i thought about, mainly because i'm legally retarded. :dopey:

TheBigJones47 said:
not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but a couple of thoughts about these albums...

first, it's ironic (planned that way, perhaps), that deliverance comes before damnation - from the words' definitions, you would be delivered from damnation

also strange that "deliverance" is the more intense, heavier, darker (possibly, haven't seen d2 lyrics yet) album, while "damnation" is soft and mellow - typically someone being damned would sound very loud and violent, not beautiful and soft.

just a few things i thought about, mainly because i'm legally retarded. :dopey:

I have thought the same thing before, it's not just you!!

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
yup... don't you ever go the official opeth's website??

Mikael say its... for... hummm... contrast... but he did it on porpuse:)

Yes I go there a lot, but must have missed this, sorry, that I missed it and made a comment Fuck!!!!
I don't like everything spoonfed, I do like to think about things a little:rolleyes: