Deliverance & Damnation

intimidatingcrustaceans said:
I've been thinking about the titles for these albums...

Seeing as how Deliverance has more of a dark feel (both musically and album art), it seems that it should be called Damnation.

And since Damnation is lighter and has the whole ethereal feel to it maybe it should be called Deliverance.

Maybe I'm wrong, what do you all think?

I don't agree with you at all, I'm afraid.

Although you're right that "Damnation" sound more aggressive I still
think it's a great name for that mellow record.

It would kinda make sense chronologically too, in keeping with how the albums were released. First Opeth damned us with a heavy album and then delivered us with a lighter one.

I see what you mean, but this is not the way Opeth thinks. This is
not the way I think.

It's lays serenity and evil within the tough album of Deliverance, and it lays
beauty and hatred within the mellow one, as well!

I think the albums are greatly named.

It's like when you call Pizza Hut and order a pepperoni pizza and then the dude comes to your house with the pepperoni pizza and you pay him some money for the pepperoni pizza, that's deliverance...pizza deliverance.
isnt it like passing on to death? pizza hut is good

Ummm... it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the album titles. Mike named the album Deliverance after the song Deliverance, "based" on the "would be" gay flick staring Burt Reynolds. Deliverance is Deliverance and Damnation is Damnation.

www.stopdiscussingthealbumtitlesandgetjobsyoufuckers.com

"Mike, excuse me, hi, yes we at the forum thought you should swap the titles of deliverance and damnation. We just saw it as more fitting. Could you possibly...?Mike?...hello? Don't walk away from me Mike! Mike... don't get it your car. Mike! Don't drive away. Mike... don't get on that boat. Mike!"

blimey said:
"Mike, excuse me, hi, yes we at the forum thought you should swap the titles of deliverance and damnation. We just saw it as more fitting. Could you possibly...?Mike?...hello? Don't walk away from me Mike! Mike... don't get it your car. Mike! Don't drive away. Mike... don't get on that boat. Mike!"
:lol: and it's so true...
@topic: Best name for Deliverance would be Still Life and for Damnation My arms your hearse. :)

blimey said:

outrageously fun! hahahahah =)

i agree totally. but I just wanted to defend the titles as seen in my previous post.

blimey said:

:lol: Thanks for that blimey

That's a fucking bad idea because the words make no fucking sense at all. :)

But just ask Mike for his opinion...
blimey said:

well what do you guys think of naming one album damnance and the other deliveration maybe as a compromise?

how about Morning Orchid or My Life, Your Hearse or Still Arms...how about not!

Mike said(I believe it was on the documentry on the Lamentations DVD)
that Deliverence and Damnation were supposed to be realeased as 2cd album...but eventually decided to release them a few months apart to let the fans absorb the music better.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that...

porcupine_wolfff said:
That's called "sarcastic". :erk:
Just look at that fucking smilies. :)
:dopey:
what I meant was "Jesus Åkerfeldt, I really need to get a sense of humor"

It was my first thread, I don't think I expressed myself very clearly. Let's move on...

*contemplates "best album" poll*

porcupine_wolfff said:
That's called "sarcastic". :erk:
Just look at that fucking smilies. :)
:dopey:

yeah...we all know Mike is actually Satan...He even said so when during one of the concerts someone asked him How's Satan and Mike answered :I'm fine.
(it was in one of the sigs in this forum too)

paradoxile said:
yeah...we all know Mike is actually Satan...He even said so when during one of the concerts someone asked him How's Satan and Mike answered :I'm fine.
(it was in one of the sigs in this forum too)
But he's also Jesus as stated by him in a thread on this board.

The conspiracy is unveiled :OMG:

Anyway, Deliverance and Damnation (the words, sort of like the albums) are opposites. Deliverance is more or less synonomous to salvation. Why they called such a dark album that, I don't know, but it sounds pretty cool.