Deliverance/Damnation album orginins thread

Hehehe...I agree with Hondo.

It would be far, FAR more satisfying to first hear the CD the moment you buy it...it'll be all new and more exciting!

Oh man, I can't wait for the new releases.

Originally posted by Hondo
This time.. this time I'm not going to hear a single note until I get the actual CD in my hands. I just want it to be pure 50-70 minutes of new music.

DITTO. I never hear songs before I get the actual cd in my hands. It's like getting the album like a virgin... So pure and ready to get fucked by your cd player over and over and over..

That's a nice analogy. Usually I end up getting one or two songs before release and then they have that "old" feel when I get the real album. I've done it already with the new Porcupine Tree, because of sample and video. It doesn't actually BOTHER me, but it's not as good.

I don't really know what to make of the new titles. I like the name 'Deliverence', I don't really like the Damnation title, it sounds too, well, 'used'.

I can't wait for them either. New Opeth!! The long awaited :D

\m/

anyone is able to find that in some 70's lp? you know opeth are more seventies than every other [metal] band in this planet...

you mean more seventies than black sabbath, led zep, and electric light orchestra? lol :)

I find that alot of european bands speaking english as a second language usually have a better vocabulary than me. Embarrassing, really.

I used to listen to the christian thrash group Deliverance too. Theres a goth album by Eva O called Damnation.

I personally think the song titles throw me, they sound weak in comparison to "blackwater park" and "my arms your hearse" etc.

But it's opeth, it should be great.

Deliverance seems like a strong title. Damnation is a slightly weird title, but I'm sure it'll be a weird album.

I´m getting used to the names, and I bet they´re linked somehow.

Seems too perfect not to be. Even only vaguely and not in some story sense. Though that would be nice too. Or if the art matched up when you put them together.