Deliverance & Damnation

intimidatingcrustaceans

Official Threadkiller
Feb 6, 2006
I've been thinking about the titles for these albums...

Seeing as how Deliverance has more of a dark feel (both musically and album art), it seems that it should be called Damnation.

And since Damnation is lighter and has the whole ethereal feel to it maybe it should be called Deliverance.

It would kinda make sense chronologically too, in keeping with how the albums were released. First Opeth damned us with a heavy album and then delivered us with a lighter one.

Maybe I'm wrong, what do you all think?

Well theme-wise, they're both pretty freaking depressing and damning in that sense.

But I thought that Deliverance felt ethereal in a way too, just heavy as well. Well, some of it at least.

Even though it was done in like Paint or some similar program and I could do a better job. Muahaha.

Oops, I double posted. Too lazy to change it.

I AM A STROBE LIGHT LOL TAKE THE HALF PIPE TO NEW ORLEANS PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAASE DONT THROW ME OUT THE WINDOW PS I AM TEH WALRUS

I'm sorry,but i gotta protect my hairy ass!!

so...

i think deliverance has the right name and so does damnation, everything is fine as it is already...

:( that was kinda boring

Well I was just kidding, anyway. I love Moonlapse with all my heart. I hope I get to hug him some day.

So yeah, Damnation and Deliverance, good stuff, Opeth is awesome. Yeah.

Damnation is a pretty depressing sounding album, and damnation, as everlasting punishment and doom, is pretty depressing as well. Therefore I think that's a fitting title.

Deliverance is like, being rescued from the danger that is damnation, bringing you to a more... excited(?) feeling.

But in that case, it would have made more sense to have released Damnation first.

Then again, maybe it's not supposed to be releaving you of Damnation... but putting you into it?

worldwide_suicide said:
btw.. i dont really kno what deliverance means... anyone care to explain?
It's like when you call Pizza Hut and order a pepperoni pizza and then the dude comes to your house with the pepperoni pizza and you pay him some money for the pepperoni pizza, that's deliverance...pizza deliverance.