which one?

• Deliverance

Votes: 42 29.2%
  • Damnation

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • they're both great!

Votes: 47 32.6%

• Total voters
They are both amazing, technically complex works of art that cannot be compared to anything else in the world. Deliverance is a return to straight up heavy, coupled with a very, very raw recording, also seems like a tribute to the bands that have influenced Opeth
and Damnation is a prog rock masterpiece which also serves as a tribute to those 70's prog bands that Mikael loves so much.

I think "Damnation" is a more solid release. "Deliverance" contains some of the best Opeth songs ever such as the title track and Master's Apprentices, but "Damnation" is absolutely outstading as a whole.

Well, actually I love both of them, but my vote goes for the mellow one.

Deliverance kicks the shit out of Damnation. In fact I think Damnation is kind of mediocre... I'll just throw on some Pink Floyd!

EDIT: That was kind of harsh. I actually do really like Damnation.

they are both great. But I don't like Wreath and BTPISIO, so I would prefer damnation.

Basically the choice is between an album that's more complex (Deliverance) or an album that has better melodies (Damnation). And personally, I'm a fan of melodies.

Although I like "Deliverance" and "A Fair Judgment" more than just about anything off of Damnation (besides maybe "Windowpane"), that was pretty much all that really grabbed me on Deliverance. Damnation is just full of beautiful songs.

The two albums are impossible to say which is better, the whole essence of the two albums is that they are both on opposite ends of the spectrum heavy and aggressive, mellow and passive. Its like trying to say is steak and chips better than srawberries and cream, (that was areally gay comparison i know but i couldnt think of anything else)

good cover Frith.....relaly enjoyed it.....as for teh CDs...well my choise is Damnation...!!!!...MA and AFJ are killer songs......but Damnation as a whole is jsut insanely cool...teh only weak spot from my pov is prolly...."in my time of need"....but the rest of the songs are relly cool......I never relaly got into teh song.."deliverance".....i dont knnwo why...i love even Moonlapse....but deliverance....i jsut could never get into that song.....fro teh best on that C is ...AFJ and MA......!!!!.....PEAC EOUT