Chris leaves Arch Enemy

Just saw this on Facebook. My first thought was "Again?" You could kinda tell he just wasn't super into it anymore. I think they've been a tad stale the last two albums anyway. Maybe the new blood will push them in a more productive direction!

Chris is a HELL of a guitar player though. From AE's facebook: "Christopher simply isn’t into playing extreme metal anymore." No reason for him to continue with that being the case...

Sad news :/ He is one of my favorite shredders.
Sucks that he never really got the recognition/publicity he deserved compared to his brother Michael IMO.

He hasn't been into "extreme metal" for a long time now it seems. I could almost tell watching the tour section video on the "Tyrants of the Rising Sun" DVD that he was just along for the ride, that he was already starting to lose interest. I also watched an interview from before the release of "Khaos Legions" where he seemed to be less than enthused while the band described the album. He will hopefully focus on Armageddon again - "Embrace the Mystery" was a great album in the more power metal vein I think he prefers.

I just pulled up his solo album from back in 2010, "Follow Your Heart" on MOG, perhaps he will continue in that direction as an artist. Definitely as far away from metal as one can go, but not a bad disc for the type of music it is.

Just saw this on Facebook. My first thought was "Again?" You could kinda tell he just wasn't super into it anymore. I think they've been a tad stale the last two albums anyway. Maybe the new blood will push them in a more productive direction!

Chris is a HELL of a guitar player though. From AE's facebook: "Christopher simply isn’t into playing extreme metal anymore." No reason for him to continue with that being the case...

I obviously wasn't surprised either, but I saw them live recently, and he kicked ass. I really like the new album though.