Chris NAMM...guitar?

zak1

Mar 25, 2005
I was wondering if we are in for any surprises in terms of you and Ibanez?

Me too - inquiring minds want to know!!! Things have been too quiet on the RGA front lately.....

Hey All,

No worries. I have actually just picked up a new LACS 7 string with the ZR trem, and I honestly can't say enough great things about that trem. It looks very similar to the LACS, I toured with but I will have pics soon. Also I have one more coming but it will be a transperent white with black transperent trim around the edge.

Take care, Chris.

Very cool Chris & thanks for the updates!!! Can't wait to see pics! Any news as if Ibanez may be releasing a signature model or something similar? I've actually been thinking of picking up another Ibby and don't want to put money into another if something like this may be on the horizon.... If you look at the forums ( Jemsite, Sevenstring.org, etc. ) definitey think there's a market. Thanks!!

Looks like Chris will definitely be busy this year at NAMM - this should be very interesting!!!

Simon Phillips and TAMA Celebrate Three Decades Together With Thursday Night NAMM Concert:

The year 2009 is the 30th Anniversary of Simon Phillip's endorsement of TAMA drums and both the drummer and the drum company intend to celebrate in the proper fashion.

"To celebrate this historic milestone," said Terry Bissette of Tama, "we've created a 30th Anniversary Retrospective concert at the Anaheim NAMM Convention on Thursday night, January 15, 2009 at the Anaheim Marriott Ballroom F in Anaheim, California. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. Show times are 8:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Like the NAMM musical instrument convention itself, the show is a "trade-only" event and not open to the public. A NAMM badge with ID will be required for entry. . This event will include Simon and his band Protocol featuring guitarist Andy Timmons, a special opening 'drum circle' including several special guests as well as a star-studded special guest-filled retrospective portion that will see Simon run through songs he has recorded and performed throughout his career."

The Simon Phillips 30th Anniversary Retrospective is sure to be a highly attended NAMM night time event as well as a hot topic on the show floor throughout the weekend and beyond. At press time, confirmed special guests for the performance include Charlie Benante, Chris Broderick, Ronald Bruner Jr., Brian Frasier-Moore and John Tempesta.

From the latest issue of Revolver Magazine - Sweet LACS 7!!!

scan0001.jpg

That thing is fucking sweet. i also cant say enough about the new ZR trem. The thing is a monster. Floaters usually tend to thin out a guitars sound but not this one. Considering it probably weighs 10 pounds I am sure has a lot to do with it ... lol

Hi Chris,

Will it ever exist an Ibanez Chris Broderick Model (Ibanez CB7 ;-) )?...I know it's still too soon for such a model to come up just yet, since Ibanez takes a lot of time to have a model from an endorsement artist. It has everything to do with that artist's exposure to the music scene so that, that model can be commercial viable.

But I was just wondering since I'm switching to 7 string guitars (I currently own one seven) and I just loved how you're first LAC came up and was interested to buy one like yours (the one you toured with in Megadeth) but in a diferrent color. Don't know if an Ibanez LAC is too much expensive...but either way, since I don't live in the U.S. the price would eventually be high... :-/

Cheers,
Hugo

Small Tip: For those who don't know Ibanez LAC means, Ibanez Los Angeles Custom...it's where Ibanez has it's custom build shop. :)

Looks like Chris will be signing autographs at the Ibanez Guitars booth at this year's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show - maybe we won't have to wait too far into NAMM weekend to get a glimpse of Chris' new Ibby's!

The Ibanez Guitars schedule is as follows (all appearances and times are subject to change):

Friday, January 16:

11:00 a.m.

Dino Cazares (DIVINE HERESY, ASESINO)
Muhammed Suicmez (NECROPHAGIST)
Matt Bachand (SHADOWS FALL)
Chris Broderick (MEGADETH)

1:00 p.m.

Steve Vai

2:30 p.m.

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (THE MARS VOLTA)
Pablo Hinojos-Gonzalez (THE MARS VOLTA)

3:30 p.m.

Paul Gilbert (MR. BIG, RACER X)
Andy Timmons

4:30 p.m.

Peter Iwers (IN FLAMES)
Paul Romanko (SHADOWS FALL)
Fieldy (KORN)

Saturday, January 17:

12:00 p.m.

Herman Li (DRAGONFORCE)
Sam Totman (DRAGONFORCE)

2:00 p.m.

Mick Thomson (SLIPKNOT)

3:00 p.m.

Joe Satriani

Important: The NAMM show is **NOT** open to the public. The only attendees are NAMM member companies and their invited guests.