chris your picks?

XxXPete

May 1, 2007
I read an interview saying that you use "cool" brand pics, that are like jazz 3's but thicker? What color, model etc are they?-Thanks

Well, naturally, the thicker the pick, the less force you need to press down on the string. And the way the Big Stubby is contoured, it basically slides throught the strings. Very Smooth

1.35!?! I remember when you thought 1mm was too thick, Chris. ;)

Ahahaha,

it all depends on the pick. Thickness translates into resistence but if the material used in really stiff then you can get away with a thinner pick. A long time ago I used to use the tortex H3's wich were 2mm I believe.

Awesome, no? I really recommend practicing with thinner picks though. When you switch back to 3mms, youll be a monster.

I spent a few months a few years back going through different picks, looking for comfort in playing (resistance), grip, shape and wear. I settled on the purple (1.14mm) Dunlop tortex. I like picks that wear a bit, but not too much. These seem to grove into your playing nicely, though not so much that you have to change picks too often (when playing metal- when I play in my slavic folk band a pick will wear significantly after a show~ about 3-6 hours of playing).