Christian Lasegue leaves Jag Panzer...

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
Blabbermouth said:
Guitarist Christian Lasegue has left Colorado power metallers JAG PANZER in order to focus on "college studies." Lasegue, who says that the decision to exit the group "was not an easy" one, can be heard on JAG PANZER's "Chain Of Command" (2004) and "Scourge Of The Light" (2011) albums.

JAG PANZER bassist John Tetley previously stated about Lasegue's contributions to "Scourge Of The Light", "There can be no question that [former JAG PANZER member] Chris Broderick is an amazing guitarist, and we were really happy for him that he got this chance with MEGADETH. But we feel that thanks to Christian Lasegue, JAG PANZER's classic, clearly more melodic power metal style has returned and that the fans will definitely be happy about this."

Issued on February 28 in Europe and on March 8 in the U.S. via SPV/Steamhammer Records, "Scourge Of The Light" sold around 500 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 117 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

"The Scourge Of The Light" was mixed by Jim Morris at Morrisound Studios in Florida and was mastered at New York's renowned Sterling Sound.

*sadpanda*

I really enjoyed his work on the new Jag panzer and sorry to see him go. Hopefully they can find another crazy talented guitar player to join them and do some touring.

*sadpanda*

I really enjoyed his work on the new Jag panzer and sorry to see him go. Hopefully they can find another crazy talented guitar player to join them and do some touring.

That's a good point... they have had some changes in the lead guitar slot over the years, with a few guys rejoining then leaving the band again, but with Tafolla, Lasegue, or Broderick teaming up with Briody, they've always had a tremendous amount of guitar-playing skill in the band.

Not to mention Broderick basically came out of nowhere... longtime Tafolla fans who saw Broderick on that Age of Mastery tour suddenly started saying, "Tafolla who???"

JP will land on their feet. I'd love to see them again... I remember the days when not a year went by that I didn't get to see them on tour, or at a fest.

Not to mention Broderick basically came out of nowhere... longtime Tafolla fans who saw Broderick on that Age of Mastery tour suddenly started saying, "Tafolla who???"

JP will land on their feet. I'd love to see them again... I remember the days when not a year went by that I didn't get to see them on tour, or at a fest.

Yep, I remember that... I've probably seen them like 4 times or so, but the first time was on that excellent Iced Earth / Jag Panzer / The Quiet Room tour in 1999. Good times.