New Jag Panzer details...

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
Some details on the new Jag Panzer CD "The Scourge of the Light" due out in February!

:headbang:

Blabbermouth said:
The cover artwork for "Scourge Of The Light", the new album from Colorado power metallers JAG PANZER, can be viewed below. It was painted by Los Angeles artist Justin Yun.

"Scourge Of The Light" is tentatively due in February 2011 via SPV/Steamhammer Records. The band was previously signed to Century Media.

"Scourge Of The Light" track listing:

01. Condemned To Fight
02. The Setting Of The Sun
03. Bringing On The End
04. Call To Arms
05. Cycles
06. Overlord
07. Let It Out
08. Union
09. Burn
10. The Book Of Kells

JAG PANZER last year announced the addition of Christian Lasegue as the group's new lead guitarist. Those familiar with the band's "Chain of Command" release will recognize his name as the lead axeman on that album.

JAG PANZER's most recent studio LP, "Casting the Stones", was released in October 2004 via Century Media. Said to be "a more aggressive version" of 2001's "Mechanized Warfare", the CD was recorded in part at Tampa's Morrisound Studios with producer Jim Morris.

Link to see cover art

Yea, it's been way too long from their last release. Gotta a lot of hope for this one. Like the cover art. Who did it? Did I miss that in the press release?

Found this after a second of Googling, in case anyone else cares.

The cover artwork for "Scourge Of The Light", the new album from Colorado power metallers JAG PANZER, can be viewed below. It was painted by Los Angeles artist Justin Yun.

album_cover_final_small.jpg

Justin Yun commented on working with Jag Panzer, "They gave me a lot of freedom to paint, so it was a lot of fun to work on. They really liked my "Magical Forest" painting so I tried to do something similar but definitely different and this is what I came up with."

There is a current thread over at Metal Rules, if you ever lurk / post there. Mark posts there semi-regularly.

We are all currently discussion the new material over there.

He said that when Chris left, he scrapt practically the entire new album.
Mark wanted to re-write with the other Chris in mind.

While Broaderick is a monster, he definitely is more of a modern metal type of player, as opposed to a classical metal style. This is probably why he has also been successful with Nevermore and Megadeth.

So, I think scrapping the songs and starting over, with Chris who was on earlier material, I think we can expect more classic Jag Panzer type stuff (IE - Chain of Command, etc).

That sound clip sounds SHWEET! I hope that is indeed a sign of things to come. I am EAGERLY anticipating this.

Me too.
I really hope with SPV backing them they can do a proper tour.

I think the timing for them is right, with the increase in demand for traditional metal.

They were lumped in the late 90's / early 00's with the power metal scene, but their core was always cult US Trad metal.

Guys, Thane To The Throne is godly, imo, and Broderick played on it. Casting the Stones is awesome as well. Quite frankly, I haven't heard a Jag Panzer album that isn't good, regardless who is playing guitar!

~Brian~