Christmas Trees

Preferred tree

• I pay for plastic with plastic (Pacific Gyre be damned)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
How much do the RC faithful drop on trees every year? I usually piss $100 away for a large 8ft Douglas Fir + stand. Going to budget this year @ $60 max. Its a fucking racket, but tis the season, and a tree always lifts my spirits. Plastic is no substitute, no aroma, and it's as false as a Brooklyn Vegan news reporter.

i usually buy one 3-4 days before Xmas ... and drop like 30-40 on a 6' one (sometimes less depending on how desperate the seller is)

should be fun this year with the daughter all "aware" and stuff of what's going on with the holiday.

Damn that close to Christmas nigga? I need a fir well before. This is probably the only season ye can catch me a decent mood. I'm a giver, not a taker, and online shopping for the scant few I give an inkling about is quite the joyous undertaking.

well according to tradition the Xmas tree should go up on Xmas eve ... the 24th. So even I am early :loco:
and come down I think 10 days after (this I am not sure)

havent had one since i moved out of the 'rents house many years ago. never cared to bother with it, nor any of my roomates.

here is an excellent short film about christmas trees (full screen it!):

dude made this before the Hobo With A Shotgun feature length.

Last edited by a moderator:
voted for:

Cut down my own Nordic Pine ala Valfar
No tree, I'm a jew
I'm satanic and shit, 666 ev0l

all of which are more or less true

buying a tree tomorrow or Friday ... all the vendors are already in desperate mode ... $20 6 foot trees everywhere.

speaking of cheap skate ... need to get the wife a gift ... give me some ideas that won't break the bank.

Merry Christmas to me ... technically it is my Xmas day today ... Roman/Greek Orthodox

I bought the cheapest tree I could find this year, £25 fake one.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas!

We're going to have two Christmases. We're in Texas visiting family and when we get back to Colorado we are going to prepare for Orthodox (Julian calendar) Christmas which we hope will actually be a white one. Planning to go cut down a tree when we get up there and decorate with the kids.

506bc59bf11d96a3c02c517a922227f6.jpg