christopher lee SINGS on new rhapsody album

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
RHAPSODY - "The Magic Of The Wizard`s Dream"
to be released March, 29th!!!

When the Italian epic metal band RHAPSODY first met the legendary actor Christopher Lee in December 2003 during the recording of their current album "Symphony Of Enchanted Lands II – The Dark Secret" no one really knew what could come of this collaboration. It was only after Lee himself, being a talented singer possessing a rich bass/baritone voice, expressed his "concerns" that he was about to narrate for the album in a role of a wizard king and not sing at all, laid the ground for what was to come next: The release of the album was critically acclaimed by both fans and media and achieving fantastic chart positions throughout the world – the parties decided to meet again in December 2004 to re-record the album track “The Magic Of The Wizard’s Dream”, this time as a duet that would feature the rich and expressive singing voice of none other than Mr. Lee with the band RHAPSODY.

In many reviews of the album, media and fans had already chosen the song as one of the best ever by the band.So this time producer Joey DeMaio was chosen by the band and Mr. Lee to produce the recording with the help of a Cologne string orchestra and some other guest musicians. With Mr. Lee’s command of over 12 languages it was a pleasure not a problem to record the song in the four different languages English, German, French and Italian. Also a spectacular video was shot in High Definition filmed by noted director Neil Johnson featuring a 40-piece orchestra and a 20-piece choir.

It would not be an overstatement to call the new version of "The Magic Of The Wizard’s Dream" a grand and epic piece of work in the style of Disney movies or world class sports events. This is definitely a song full of emotion and fantasy, heart and soul.

In addition to the four language versions the band also produced two brand new studio tracks, the fast and powerful “Autumn Twilight” and the sweet and traditionally influenced “Lo Specchio D’Argento” that will also appear on this new offering.

Line-Up:
Christopher Lee - vocals
Fabio Lione - vocals
Luca Turilli - guitars
Alex Staropoli - keyboards
Patrice Guers - bass
Alex Holzwarth - drums
Manuel Staropoli - flute

TRACKLISTING:

CD digi pak single version tracklisting:
1. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
english version duet with Christopher Lee and Fabio Lione
2. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
italian version duet with Christopher Lee and Fabio Lione
3. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
french version duet with Christopher Lee and Fabio Lione
4. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
german version duet with Christopher Lee and Fabio Lione
5. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
orchestral version duet with Christopher Lee and Fabio Lione
6. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
original version
7. Autumn Twilight
brand new Rhapsody song
8. Lo Specchio D'Argento
brand new Rhapsody song

CD Slim box single version tracklisting:
1. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
english version duet with Christopher Lee and Fabio Lione
2. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
german version duet with Christopher Lee and Fabio Lione
3. The Magic of the Wizard's Dream
original album version
4. Lo Specchio Dàrgento
brand new Rhapsody song
5. Last Angels Call
original album version

Christopher Lee joins Rhapsody at Earthshaker Fest 2005!
The legendary Christopher Lee will be joining RHAPSODY live on stage on this year's EARTHSHAKER FEST 2005 in Geiselwind/Germany to perform the new single "The Magic Of The Wizard's Dream" , which was just recorded in four languages and which will be released on March 29, 2005

AWESOME SHIT!
~gR~

I'm impressed. There can't be more than a dozen people who suck enough to even contemplate accompanying Rhapsody anywhere, but in Saruman they found one.

ok am i the only one who doesnt know who christopher lee is? other then the the 70 something aging actor who usually played dracula in the 60's?

HardSide said:
ok am i the only one who doesnt know who christopher lee is? other then the the 70 something aging actor who usually played dracula in the 60's?
yep, and Saruman in the Lord of the Rings films, you must know him :)

Dressing up as Saruman on stage would be cool.....

When you stand out from the likes of Elijah Wood on the negative end of the acting scale, enough to have all your parts cut out of the last two LOTR films, touring with Rhapsody is likely to boost your reputation if anything.

Gallantry over Docility said:
When you stand out from the likes of Elijah Wood on the negative end of the acting scale, enough to have all your parts cut out of the last two LOTR films, touring with Rhapsody is likely to boost your reputation if anything.

Uhhhh, what? Christopher Lee is an excellent actor, a classically trained opera singer, and a bunch of other things I don't remember. :p Seriously though, he's a very talented man with a very distinguished career. Not to mention, he was miles ahead of the entire cast in the LOTR movies.

It's so funny how when someone just doesn't like this band all of a sudden "they suck" (brilliant, unique description!). I've never quite understood the backlash Rhapsody get, well except for calling themselves "Hollywood Metal", but I blame that one on language barrier more than anything. They are basically Lord of the Rings style content put to music. You can't tell me those who hate these guys hate Lord of the Rings? What's the difference? Some of their songs sound a little the same, OK, I'll give people that but...

I think the latest album these guys did with Lee narrating is about the best film score meets Metal album out there, period. How many of you guys have heard the new album (serious question)? If there's an album out there that, as a whole, approaches being a film score as close as this please tell me as I definitely want to check it out (I love good soundtracks).

Anyways...I don't think these guys deserve half the crap that gets thrown at them. They've accomplished a lot in this biz, and these days, that's a tough thing to do. The last album was killer, check it out if you haven't listened to it yet.

Christopher Lee's acting is top notch. i've never heard him sing though. :lol:

that link says Rhapsody is one of his favorite bands. can you see that dude headbang?

wow, how intelligent of you all. "this thread sucks". hows bout instead of talking shit and getting off topic (hello mr moderator) people who do like the band can talk about em
~gR~

Funny, if we talked about black metal, you would have found the thread funny in a non-morbid sort of way. Heh.