Chthonian Appanage (US Black Metal)

Expect "final" demo versions of 2 new songs and Seige to be done by Friday. See the site for more info. They sound pretty awsome! Check them out, when they're available!

I recorded my part to Siege last night and I'm going to record my part to Chaos this afternoon. Vocals will be done this afternoon also. (Hooray for NO-budget demos!)

Our first Demo, "Siege Upon The Throne" is now for sale through our website (www.chthonian-appanage.tk). It is made up of the following songs:

1. Venemous Engagements Into Treachery and Slaughter
2. Siege Upon The Throne
3. Chaos Evoking My Will To Heresy
4. Immaculate World Death (Rise Of A New God)

They cost $3.00, so you are basically only paying for shipping and handling. We need feedback as well.

We made throatcuilture.net's "Featured Underground Artist" for November 2003....
just to let everyone know......

Well I was king of drawn here by the fact that there were three pages of messages in this thread. "Oooh, this band must be pretty good to get that much feedback" thought I naively, and then went on to find that it is basically the band members chatting amongst themselves!

:lol:

Nonetheless, I gave two mp3 tracks a listen which I downloaded from your site, and briefly (and very roughly) analysed them...

-------------------------------------
Immaculate World Death - Quite a catchy guitar line at the start, perhaps more death than black. I like the vocals, and some nice double bass work in places, although perhaps not as tight as it could be at times. I would definitely categorise this as more death than black metal if I had to, but nonetheless it's a good listen. A pretty good blast section about half way through. Some nice riffs behind the vocals as well. A pretty versatile vocalist by the sounds of it, with harsh and deep qualities. I particularly like the section when the vocals are fast and kind of spoken towards the end, and how it fades out with some nice guitar work.

Venomous Engagements... - I like it from the start, with some cool blasting and vocals. Again, I like the shifting guitar lines beneath the vocals, and some more good drumming. I hear the Mounier influence! Heavier than the first track in places. There are some good changes in this one, to a slower paced section for example with more emphasis on the guitars. Again, I like the spoken vocals a lot. I caught a glimse of a bass lick at the end which sounded interesting. Another very good track!
-------------------------------------

:headbang:

I like the overall sound of the band a lot, and it's hard to categorise it really (not that that's necessary). Perhaps dark death metal with strong black influences. Regardless, I think you're definitely doing well with the songwriting, and the playing individually! The production isn't amazing in terms of quality, but I don't think you are let down by it in any way.

Good luck!

Reactions: EyesToBleedFrom