CHUCK SCHULDINER's Mother: CONTROL DENIED Album To Made Available For Free Download

From BLABBERMOUTH:

CHUCK SCHULDINER's Mother: CONTROL DENIED Album To Made Available For Free Download - Mar. 3, 2004

Jane Schuldiner, mother of late DEATH/CONTROL DENIED frontman Chuck Schuldiner, has issued another statement in response to continuing reports that the now-defunct Hammerheart Records (currently operating under the name Karmageddon Media) will bereleasing the unfinished sophomore album from CONTROL DENIED this spring.

As previously reported, Chuck, who passed away in December 2001 after a battle with pontine glioma, a rare type of brain tumor, began work on the album (tentatively titled "When Machine and Man Collide") in 2001 but never managed to complete the effort before his health quickly deteriorated in the months leading up to his tragic death. The remaining members of the group — bassist Steve DiGiorgio, vocalist Tim Aymar, guitarist Shannon Hamm, and drummer Richard Christy — subsequently announced their desire to complete the CD and release it in Chuck's memory, but legal hassles between Schuldiner's family and Hammerheart Records (to whom Chuck was signed at the time of his death) put the entire project on hold.

The following is Jane Schuldiner's statement regarding Hammerheart Records' plans to release the incomplete recordings without the family's consent:

"Hello fans/friends, I have read of plans to release, unauthorized, Chuck's raw music on CD. In response to that news let me say that any demo of Chuck's released by Karmageddon will be put on EmptyWords (www.emptywords.org) by the Schuldiner family to download for free."

Wait. I don't get it. Chuck's mom is gonna put out the incomplete music
herself?

Does that mean she has no intentions of letting anyone finish the record?

If she is going to release the music herself, than what does _any_ record
label on Earth have to do with letting the other members of CD finish
the music in Chuck's honor?

I don't get it. I'm confused.

Officer Nice said:
Wait. I don't get it. Chuck's mom is gonna put out the incomplete music
herself?

Does that mean she has no intentions of letting anyone finish the record?

If she is going to release the music herself, than what does _any_ record
label on Earth have to do with letting the other members of CD finish
the music in Chuck's honor?

I don't get it. I'm confused.

No I think she is saying that if the record label who she is in a dispute with puts out any of this new control denied material she will post it for free on empytwords so as to stop the record company from profitting.

soilkane said:
No I think she is saying that if the record label who she is in a dispute with puts out any of this new control denied material she will post it for free on empytwords so as to stop the record company from profitting.

oh ok. thanks. I didn't get what the fuck all of that was talking about.