Cinnamon Girl

BushmasterM4

Old Fart
Sep 12, 2007
Have not recorded myself in a while (long time). So I have been wanting to do a cover of Cinnamon Girl and figured what the hell. Holiday weekend with nothing to do. Its my take on it, so its not a note for note cover. Vocals are weak as usual I sing out of necessity when I do my own recordings and have no one to fill in on vocals. I just picked up a couple old Fender Lead I's (guitars) and really like these guitars. Used one for all the guitar tracks. The single humbucker fender used on these guitars is crazy !!! Also used a Heartfield DR-4 bass, direct, using its built in XLR jack. These are a Fender product from the 80's and are just fantastic. Carbon fiber impregnated necks. Its my go to bass now. Anyway enjoy and let know what you think of the overall sound and mix.

http://soundcloud.com/taxman-1-1/cinnamon-girl

Thanks. Yea I agree I need some more thump on the snare. I back off the HPF a little to add some more substance to it.

Thanks. Heavy Metal from my time was Zep, Judas Priest, UFO and others like them. Now my wife and kids like the newer stuff that most of you guys play. I record alot of it though. I have a small studio that I often record bands (at no or little charge). Keeps me young.