Circle of Tyrants

burning inside

Question authority
Oct 21, 2001
Denver, CO
Man, Opeth should do more covers. Their cover of Celtic Frost's Circle of Tyrants is incredible; almost as good as the orginal. Its really cool to hear them play a different style of metal, especially since they do it so well.

Yeah, I like that one too but not nearly as much as Circle of Tyrants. I actually think Opeth's version is better than the original, but that probably stems from the fact that I really don't like Bruce Dickinson's voice. I'm not the biggest Maiden fan.

Originally posted by burning inside
Yeah, I like that one too but not nearly as much as Circle of Tyrants. I actually think Opeth's version is better than the original, but that probably stems from the fact that I really don't like Bruce Dickinson's voice. I'm not the biggest Maiden fan.

Not to burst your bubble, but I think Circle of the Tyrants was originally recorded by Celtic Frost.

i love the 2 songs, and someone ages ago in the forum said that it ruined the album having them at the end. i was like, wtf! they're great songs, but i realised your point now (whoever you were) and just thought i'd mention that. anyway i'll just go cry off now after tonights result
:cry:

Originally posted by Protocol
isn't remember tomorrow sung by paul dianno and not bruce dickinson anyway?

Yeah DiAnno sings it and I think I like his voice more than Bruce's on that specific Maiden sound. Anyway both Remember Tomorrow and Circle of the Tyrants (is there a "the" really or not?) are performed really nice by Opeth.. they reveal pretty well how Opeth approaches music in 2 completely different ways.

Originally posted by Protocol
isn't remember tomorrow sung by paul dianno and not bruce dickinson anyway?

Yeah, I guess so. Like I said, I'm not much of a maiden fan so I really don' t pay much attention to such things.

Actually, now that I look, it is Circle of THE Tyrants. That's how it's listed on Morbid Tales.

Due to the circular way Opeth has of making albums, I at first thought they should leave albums in their original state. But I must agree that they are both too good of songs to leave off. MAYH is the first re-issue that I bought so I did not run into this with the first two albums. :) :)