Classic album of the day...

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
BLACKFOOT-Siogo (1983)

What a great hard rocking album it is. And by far their best album IMO (not to say the previous stuff was bad, an album like Marauder is an excellent disc too, but not to the level of Siogo IMO).

I don't know if Siogo was a commercial failure because of the switch from the more southern rock style of the previous stuff and the more "straight- ahead-hard rock-with-added-keyboards" from Siogo, but it's a shame they never followed Siogo with another disc in the same style. Cause it worked big time. Tracks like Teenage Idol, Send Me An Angel, Crossfire, Run For Cover, White Man's Land (in fact pretty much all the album) are just hard rock classics in my book. The production on Siogo is very punchy and just perfect also. The inclusion of legend keyboardist from Uriah Heep, Ken Hensley, just added so much to their sound. Rock Medlocke's vocals are spot on and just fit the music so well. The drumming is also quite basic but so effective. Guitar playing and soloing is also flawless.

Teenage Idol:

Send Me An Angel: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEviJ72_Uc&feature=related[/ame]

Crossfire: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KracatIxFU&feature=related[/ame]

Any Blackfoot fans around here?

Guillaume

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite albums! White Man's Land and Sail Away are my 2 faves from this one. I still keep it in my regular Ipod rotation.

I have been a Blackfoot fan for a LONG time...Love everything they did up to & including Siogo. After that, their releases were very hit & miss for me.
I think I first saw them open for AC/DC on the Back In Black tour, and the last time, in a little dive bar with about 20 people attending. The turnout was sad, but they put on a great show.....

I have been a Blackfoot fan for a LONG time...Love everything they did up to & including Siogo. After that, their releases were very hit & miss for me.
I think I first saw them open for AC/DC on the Back In Black tour, and the last time, in a little dive bar with about 20 people attending. The turnout was sad, but they put on a great show.....

Sadly, I never got to see Blackfoot live. Would have loved to see the Siogo tour...