Classic Rock Prog Special

forgottenglory

Earth. Soul. Rock n' Roll
Jan 26, 2003
London, UK
www.forgottenglory.com
UK Classic Rock magazine has issued a Prog Special this month. There are tons of bands featured from all over the world from different eras. Being a UK magazine I would have thought that Threshold would have been featured. But no there's not even a thumbnail about the best UK Progressive Metal band in a UK publication *shakes head*

^ Well it features Symphony X and Dream Theater. Both these bands are more Prog Metal than Prog Rock. To make matters worse they mention 'Music from The Elder' by KISS as being Prog! They must have never heard the superior Clone by Threshold. Out of curiosity, I looked up the KISS album. Listening to it now, there is nothing Prog about that! Thank God for the Internet; I can listen to music without having to rely on magazines to find out about good music!

I got a reply - no mention of Threshold, but just saying there will be four or five more issues.

The implication is that there will be plenty of chance to include everyone but I guess we'll have to wait and see

I have replied to them, seeking clarification!

Found this on a web blog

Classic Rock Presents Prog Issue 4 hits the shops this coming Wednesday (September 30th).

The new issue features Wetton and Bruford talking about the making of Red.
Also Genesis, Gong, Radiohead, Hawkwind, Zappa, Wakeman, Cardiacs, Esoterica, Bigelf, Damian Wilson, Arjen Lucassen, Swedish Prog and loads more.
There is also the usual free CD.

Back from the bookstore: there is an interesting two page article with Damian. There is a full page close up of Damian and a one page article. It's a very interesting read so is worth buying!

Unreal thing is as I walked out of the book store, I saw Biff Byford of Saxon come round the corner! I was so stunned as it was unexpected. I couldn't remember his name so carried on quietly instead of going back and say:"Hey aren't you that dude from Saxon? I can't remember your name but I love you music."

Rock stars lurking at every corner of the streets. London roxx or what?!?