Classic undiscovered songs

Maelstrom

Metal is the Law!
Jan 27, 2002
Adelaide
www.theharrowed.com
Last night we we're discussing the topic of covers again for Fury and the name Judas Priest came up. I've never really been into Priest, but not out of dislike, purely because I hadn't heard them.

Rick played me Hard as Iron:headbang:

Why wasn't I played this song before!!! It feels like I've been kept in the dark of an absolute metal classic! Has anyone else had a similar experience of discovering a song many years after it was released?

I'm getting that song played at my funeral! :headbang:

I was like that with Creeping Death by Metallica, actually... for some reason I'd always skimmed over that one when I first bought the album but one day I thought "meh, let's listen to it all properly..." :eek: WOW! One of my fav's! :)

The Pimp haf the same thing with Death .
The Pimp never bothered much with them because I's always heard the shitier songs, but after Chuck died I's started hearing all the great stuff that made Death such a great band. But now, every cunt went out & brought up all the Death albums around Canberra (not that there were many in the first place:( ).
I's can also say the same for other bands like Destroyer 666 . I's sought they were just shite death/black metal 'casue everyone I's knew who listened to them were into shite death/black bands. But The Pimp heard Unchain The Wolves a few months back & some of the songs off Cold Steel for a Dead World (I's not quite sure that's the albums name, but it's theirt latest one).
I's never liked most death or black metal bands because I's thought it was all just generic shite & I's was also so rooted in the Old School of thrash, power & heavy metal (Slayer, Maiden & Sabbeth, etc) to bother, but I's now been turned around by bands like Vintersorg, Opeth & Destroyer 666 (but a majority of death & black metal iz still shite to The Pimp's ears, but I's don't mind if anyone else loves those styles. I's don't take that away from anyone).
My ears were also openned resently by Suns Owls . They do a great Slayer/Sepultura style of thrash metal & The Pimp sez ya'll should catch them at Metal For The Brain.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack:headbang: :devil: :wave:

PS.
Fury rock! & The Pimp can'ts wait to see ya'll back in Canberra soon.
Cheers!