Which ballad you like the most?

• When The Smoke is Going Down

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Still Loving You

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

Vicious Robbie

Faithful Neon Dreamer
Alright!! We're back with another installment of classics showdown and this time, we are only talking about the songs themselves. The Scorps are one of the best when it comes to ballads and I decided to pit a couple of theirs against each other. We all know SLY but don't count WTSGD out. They both come from classic albums (Blackout and LAFS) and are of quality material. Round 2 coming up...:)

On one corner: Just when you make your way back home, I find some time to be alone...:cry:

On the other: Time, it needs time, to win back your love again!:cry:

SLY too. I don't know the other because I stopped with Scorpions with "Animal Magnetism". You should had put SLY vs 'Holiday' that would have been quite a beating.

i picked WHEN THE SMOKE IS GOING DOWN. i've heard still loving you way too many times and i'm sick of it. plus blackout is my favorite scorps album

Like them both. Still Loving You I have heard way too many times. In fact it's been I think in all the sets when I have seen Scorpions. I'd have to go with When The Smoke Is Going Down it's just as a strong of a track but still fresh because I haven't heard it as much as SLY... I think the last time they played this live was on the Alien Nation Tour which I missed because they didn't make it out my way...

Neither is my favorite "ballad" by them, but I prefer Still Loving You, even though I too have heard it too many times. Blackout is great, but I've always felt it's a bit overrated, and that Love at First Sting was just better. I guess that's an argument for another day. Anyway, over the past 15 years I've developed a serious worship for the pre-Blackout period.

Like them both. Still Loving You I have heard way too many times. In fact it's been I think in all the sets when I have seen Scorpions. I'd have to go with When The Smoke Is Going Down it's just as a strong of a track but still fresh because I haven't heard it as much as SLY... I think the last time they played this live was on the Alien Nation Tour which I missed because they didn't make it out my way...

they played it on the most recent tour for the first time since the alien nation tour but i think it was just in europe

ugh you're killing me... WTSIGD is rarely played in the U.S. seems lately the Scorps have been pulling out all the classics in Europe but it's been a long time since I've heard Smoke live. But SLY...that song has so much power and emotion behind it, every time I hear that song it hits me in the heart...live, I cry everytime. SLY on this match.

Scorps are in the studio new album in March and DVD Amazonia to be released in Nov. 20 09.

They may have played it on the select shows in America. Sadly they played like 4-5 shows in the USA behind the uneventful Humanity Hour 1.

you didn't like the album or were you talking about the promotion for the album? anyways they played more than 5 dates here in america during the humanity hour 1 tour

Great comments guys! I had to go with Smoke because it's just a special song for me and I'm not taking anything away from SLY.

No doubt though, SLY is the clear winner in this match :):):)

No te ahueves hermano, cuando el humo se aclare te seguiremos queriendo :lol: (inside joke, you all return to you respective posts :p)