Cliff Burton RIP

Man, Cliff Burton was SOOO overrated. I know so many better bassists, like Sam Rivers from LB, and Mark from Blink 182, and the midget girl from the White Stripes.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Man, Cliff Burton was SOOO overrated. I know so many better bassists, like Sam Rivers from LB, and Mark from Blink 182, and the midget girl from the White Stripes.
you know, dude, I'm sorry. for the most part, I am pretty tolerant about other people's musical tastes, but I really have to say this.

Fuck off.

N.P. - Cliff's Last Solo

you know, dude, I'm sorry. for the most part, I am pretty tolerant about other people's musical tastes, but I really have to say this.

Fuck off.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

OMG! You people are so insecure and uptight!

Of course, I was joking buddy. Geez...

The midget from White Stripes was a joke. She's supposedly SO short that you can't see or hear her on stage. Get my point?

RIP Cliff, although I DID like Newsted better personally.

Oh yeah, 'cause Metallica would still be amazing if he hadn't died, yeah, because he's some kind of God and martyr and OH MY GOD IF HE WAS STILL ALIVE I'D BE WETTING MYSELF AND TRYING TO GET A LOCK ON HIS HAIR THAT I COULD LICK EVERY NIGHT BEFORE BED.

Pfft.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Oh yeah, 'cause Metallica would still be amazing if he hadn't died, yeah, because he's some kind of God and martyr and OH MY GOD IF HE WAS STILL ALIVE I'D BE WETTING MYSELF AND TRYING TO GET A LOCK ON HIS HAIR THAT I COULD LICK EVERY NIGHT BEFORE BED.

Pfft.
NOT that they would be much better but maybe different somehow. Hopefully better than they are today...

Ageless said:
yeah, he was good, but not great.
I think that all you ppl need to listen to pulling teeth before you pass judgement on how great he truly was, if you like someone else better fine but don't detract from cliff's brilliance cause of an opinion conflict.

Psychonaut said:
NOT that they would be much better but maybe different somehow. Hopefully better than they are today...
Actually, Cliff was a fan of various different types of music, there's a good chance they'd have been led even further astray from their original style (if that is possible).

Cliff was an excellent bassist. But it's not his musician per se that made him great. It his contribution to the band. He brought something to metallica that wasn't their when he died, yeah jason is cool and he can play, but comon guys, Cliff Burton is the first dude, to have a Bass solo on a rock album. I mean, yeah there where other bass solos, but they were contained in a song, they weren't the song itself.

If anything have pitty. Poor cliff has rolled over in his grave about 100 times for all the lame things his former band mates have done *COUGH*......smellss like teen spirit....*HACK* I can't believe they played that on Mtv.