Clive or Nico?

Clive, all the way. Thicko hasn't Clive's Power and Feeling and he disguises that "simple" fact behind a so called, technique, which is nothing to be crazy about either.
Just listen the live versions of Phantom of the Opera and you'll see what I mean. Thicko's sound just lame and boring, on the other hand Clive sounds godly.

Hail Clive!:OMG:

Exactly. that's what Clive had and will always have over Nico: feeling. Listen to Genghis Kahn, Phantom Of The Opera, Run To The Hills, The Prisoner, among others, and it will jump right at you. He was also king of rhythm and could bend any beat, any rhythm and make it his own. Nico has some above average rhythmic abilities, overall, he misses something that Clive had.

Meh ive always thought of nicko as tighter, but i guess clive suited the di'anno era stuff as at the time for example they never would have written a song like aces high back then cuz they were more of a pub band and not an epic album type band, clive wouldnt have suited later maiden in my opinion but hats off to him for being in iron maiden cuz i cant say i have been ;)